• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Cant use any custom map on my test server!

IamRick

Apr 6, 2021
Hello.

Im just studied how to make a map. Based on the real one.
Did a lot of changes. Played it solo. All is good.

But, need to test with friends.
Made a dedicated server according to the guides.

And

Cant use any custom map, it works only with common maps !!!
I dont know whats the problem, and i cant download may map in workshop. (why its so hard in that game...)[/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.

Im just studied how to make a map. Based on the real one.
Did a lot of changes. Played it solo. All is good.

But, need to test with friends.
Made a dedicated server according to the guides.

And

Cant use any custom map, it works only with common maps !!!
I dont know whats the problem, and i cant download may map in workshop. (why its so hard in that game...)[/B]

Did you create a custom .ini for your map or add it into KFgame.ini so the server/client knows about it?

Upvote 0
3f096651c1.jpg

No changes

Upvote 0
You'll want the .ini to have the same name as your map (just to keep others from having the same .ini and avoid conflicts) and you may need to restart the server once you confirm the .ini did install and was put in the right location on the server. Otherwise you'll want to add the config in by hand.

Upvote 0
Have you tried manually adding the config to your server or adding to the kfgame.ini the map info for your map?
Yep

I tried a bunch of actions, and found that old version of map is working on the server.
But final is not, and i cant find why...
There is no errors when build paths or smth...

Server just not starting.

Added log file.

Attachments

• Launch.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Yep

I tried a bunch of actions, and found that old version of map is working on the server.
But final is not, and i cant find why...
There is no errors when build paths or smth...

Server just not starting.

Added log file.
Sadly this log doesn't really provide any useful info. It is crashing somewhere in low level dll code. This may indicate a corrupt build/configs somewhere.

It would be a good idea to back up anything important and do a clean config setup and verify builds.

Upvote 0
Sadly this log doesn't really provide any useful info. It is crashing somewhere in low level dll code. This may indicate a corrupt build/configs somewhere.

It would be a good idea to back up anything important and do a clean config setup and verify builds.
I think i found a way with crashes
With this post
I deleted groups

Upvote 0

Now i can open map on the server...

BUT

1. I still cant use uploading in workshop... the same errors

3f096651c1.jpg

AND

2. In editor all is good, but in game some objects are lost :cry:

7bb840658a.jpg

9d4d201efd.jpg

KFGame 2021-04-08 22-13-04-14.jpgKFGame 2021-04-09 01-51-32-47.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you are trying to use custom shaders, unless you use a master shader as a parent, it won't compile using the KF 2 mod sdk/editor.

The error you are getting on upload looks like your Windows install is missing some files or may not be properly authenticated with Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...computer-a15f5b2f-642d-24ac-4912-1570a6bcedec
U know. Already works from tomorrow, mostly. Dont know what was a solution...

I have for now only that problems:
Dont understand how to fix that lost packages =/
That loading from the 2nd screen is timeless.

9d4d201efd.jpg

8b9bde472e.jpg

Ha

Upvote 0