• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Can't launch when Steam Community enabled

MyklW

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 21, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Amongst the generic "Killing Floor won't launch" posts on the forum there seem to be a few recent ones that may be suffering from the same problem I have just started to have. Namely, the game won't launch if "Enable Steam Community In-Game" is selected from the Killing Floor Properties in Steam on OSX.

I'm hoping that gathering these under a more specific thread title may help readers find this temporary solution to their crash (i.e. switch the option off), while also giving the support team something more precise to target. Apologies if this is seen as creating a duplicate, but it took me about an hour of searching to find the solution when I was looking - hopefully this speeds things up for others!

My log file is attached. I can confirm that the game crashes at the splash screen when I enable this option, and works when I disable it. Fully patched OSX Mavericks, latest versions of Steam and KF. Happy to provide any other files deemed useful.

I have previously had the "-window" option issue, on launch, so also have "-window" as my launch option.

As far as I can tell, disabling Steam Community in-game still allows you to keep your perks, and still earns Achievements, however you can't see the Cheevos as they are earned. Also, you can't control other things like Steam Chat while in-game (but can launch it beforehand).

Seemingly related threads (special thanks to Swizzinex for identifying the temporary solution!):

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 0