• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Can't Install Killing Floor

We ran into this problem during the beta, but thought Valve had it resolved. We'll work with Valve tomorrow and see if we can resolve the issue. In the meantime, I would suggest filing a Steam support ticket, as this seems to be a mac Steam problem.

I have done so and hope to hear from them soon.

Upvote 0
Valve suggests the following:

"Seeing 38MB as the install size suggests that you already have the common files on your computer. You might try going to your documents/steam content/common directory and see if you already have the following files: KillingFloorClient.ncf, KillingFloorContent.ncf, KillingFloorMacClient.ncf

I would guess that you have the first two when you are presented with the option to download 38MB. You could delete those files and the

Upvote 0
Hi Stilkdog,

I didn't actually do anything to fix the issue for Tripwire when a couple of them ran into that. I think your client is just in a bad state. If the suggestions from John don't resolve your issue, could you launch your console, then try to install the game. When it fails, you should get a bunch of spew in your console. Copy & paste that into an email to me and I'll be able to better identify where it's going wrong on your client. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue, so I suspect it's something simple with your client state, but I won't know until I see your console spew. You can email me at [email protected]

Upvote 0
Hi Stilkdog,

I didn't actually do anything to fix the issue for Tripwire when a couple of them ran into that. I think your client is just in a bad state. If the suggestions from John don't resolve your issue, could you launch your console, then try to install the game. When it fails, you should get a bunch of spew in your console. Copy & paste that into an email to me and I'll be able to better identify where it's going wrong on your client. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue, so I suspect it's something simple with your client state, but I won't know until I see your console spew. You can email me at [email protected]

I already did those fixes but it seems to have been on Valves side as this morning it was showing up at 2.9GB like it should have been.

I also didn't have a KF Common folder either so I was at a lost, but now it's working.

Upvote 0
Valve suggests the following:

"Seeing 38MB as the install size suggests that you already have the common files on your computer. You might try going to your documents/steam content/common directory and see if you already have the following files: KillingFloorClient.ncf, KillingFloorContent.ncf, KillingFloorMacClient.ncf

I would guess that you have the first two when you are presented with the option to download 38MB. You could delete those files and the

Upvote 0