• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Cant go online

TheCoolerKing

Oct 8, 2007
NY
Hey I just bought KF on my brand new macbook pro. I can play solo just fine but whenever i try to go online it says Steam has to be on and I need to have an internet connection.

Most of the games I've been getting through steam on their mac have had some kind of problem, mostly not starting at all. I've turned everywhere for help but all have been dead ends.

Please help.

I am having a similar problem. I am running internet connection through Airport but not directly connected to the router. When I try to access the achievements through the main menu I get a message that says "You must be logged into Steam and connected to the internet to do that." Something along those lines. Same message comes up when I try to connect to an online game or host a game. I am able to play Solo Player mode but when I start it up at the Perk/Character select I get a message saying "Unknown Steam Error Prevented This." I am only able to play as a single character and not able to choose anything else or update/choose perks. I am running KF through Steam and have an active internet connection. Do I need to have a direct connection through the router? What else could be the problem?

Upvote 0
closing steam and kf. And delete the clientregistry.blob file in the main steam folder. Next to that try deleting the KF main system folder.

After that verify the integrity of the game cache of kf within steam (in the library right clicking on kf and then properties and then local files if its the same as in windows)
I just tried that.
After I did there was a small update. So I became excited.

A day before I deleted everything including steam and reinstalled, steam was acting buggy over all.

I goto try multiplayer just now...

No Dice. :(

Upvote 0