• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't get KF2 SDK to run in Windows 10?

CrashFu

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2014
Ohio
I was able to run the SDK just fine before upgrading from Windows 7, but now when I try to launch the tools it first gets hung up on "Compiling shaders for material MobileMasterMaterial" for a long time, then eventually gives me an error and attempts to bring up the program itself... which fails to load its UI completely, crashes, makes my display drivers reset themselves, and then prompts an automated bug report send.

Has anyone else had this trouble since upgrading to Windows 10, or know how to resolve it?

And while we're here, I'm having a hard time finding tutorials on anything besides map-making and mesh importing. I want to figure out how to replace weapon models and accompanying visual effects (projectiles, muzzle flashes, etc.) specifically, to replace them with empty space so the player just has their hands out, holding nothing... and also how to replace the audio FX of weapons with imported files.

Yep, still aim to make that "imaginary guns" mod. :p bang bang, pew pew, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately deleting everything in that folder didn't change a thing; it still got hung up on those MobileMasterMaterial shaders for a truly unreasonable length of time, then tried to launch the program with an error warning and immediately crashed, just like before. :(

Upvote 0