• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't chat after alt-tab

Fuhrer Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2008
USA
Title of the forum Thread - Can't chat after alt-tabbing out of the game

Catagory: Other

Reproducibility: Sometimes (kind of random, happens a lot though)

Summary: I lose the ability to type letters into all chat, team chat, and squad chat, and the console when I alt-tab then come back into the game.

Description: When I alt-tab out of Red Orchestra and come back, sometimes (happens a lot, but it's kind of random) I lose the ability to chat. I can't chat with all, team, squad, or anyone. Also, I can't type anything into the console. However, I can still type things such as numbers, exclamation points, etc. Also, all the keys work for doing things such as moving, bandaging, etc. To fix it, I need to exit RO2 completely and restart it. I am not completely sure, but it might have even happened once before I alt-tabbed at all, but if I had to say with 100% certainty, I'd say it didn't happen that way.

Online/Offline: Online

Screenshots: Nothing to show

The worst part is I can't forgive teamkills.

Thanks!

Same with me....

Same with me....

I encountered the same problem now twice times in Classic game mode!
It seems that there are letters typed but they are way to small and not visible. Something happend with front size change after after alt-tab???

I can still play the game further but I feel ashamed for not apologising a team kill :(

Greetings from Russia
RaFiGer

Last edited:
Upvote 0