• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you Kung Fu?

|ULF|_Monkeyman

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
Say you've got no knife. If no weapons or anything is around to defend yourself, what form of martial arts is best used against the onrushing infected?

I'm thinking, best to go with Judo, Aikido, Jujitsu...just because an infected's pain threshold is soooooo much higher doesn't mean that their joints can't still be manipulated just as well as a non-infected person.

Last edited:
Say you've got no knife. If no weapons or anything is around to defend yourself, what form of martial arts is best used against the onrushing infected?

I'm thinking, best to go with Judo, Aikido, Jujitsu...just because an infected's pain threshold is soooooo much higher doesn't mean that their joints can't still be manipulated just as well as a non-infected person.
Throws would be rather useless and stupid on larger, stronger foes (FPs, skrakes, ect.). Most traditional martial arts include something you could use. Personally I study tae kwon do and that includes very little that would be of any use. I probably would use leg sweeps and leg strikes.

Upvote 0
Myself, quite naturally I prefer the deadly art of Monkeyman Kung Fu.

Nothing quite like giving someone a lightning speed tail lash to the face, getting that unexpected look in their eyes, followed up of course with them slipping on a banana peel and a quick kick to the balz.

It's quite the deadly art I tell ya. Thinking about starting my own dojo here soon actually.

You can just call me Sensei.

YouTube - Kung Fu Monkey

Last edited:
Upvote 0