• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you do better than this guy?

"RO1 is has too cumbersome movement! TWI you must fix it in RO2".... so they do it and now its a COD clone?

Ofcourse RO1 was slower because it was too damn clunky. Time it takes to switch from hipfire to shoulder aiming was too long and it depended on things like whether you were moving, reloading etc.

I am sure they will tweak the movement if it becomes out of order.

Even in BF2 they nerfed the dolphin dive after some time because people were exploiting the movement.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
RO:OST 41-45 "alc. Teas0r" by MG-M - YouTube

Guess which game that is from?

Here is a hint, it's not RO2.

After seeing this video now I know RO1 "vets" are full of ****.

This. So hard. It's still a game, you can do gamey tactics. Most of the time they don't work, but Apartments/Danzig are terrible maps on which they work.

I can pull that off in Apartments, heck even worse moves. I could pull it off in RO1, where enemy had even less chance of responding to it because they moved so clunky.

Upvote 0
I dont really understand the problem here or why i should be in awe.

What, he killed 5-8 people in 1 min by catching them off guard. Barely one even shoot back and it was on apartments which makes it so much easier.

I could do this with a bolt-action rifle. Infact i did yesterday and i happened to film it on fraps. If this thread is still live when i get back from work i might upload it.

Upvote 0
I could do this with a bolt-action rifle.
yey post a video of your epic moment!
This. So hard. It's still a game, you can do gamey tactics. Most of the time they don't work, but Apartments/Danzig are terrible maps on which they work.
There is nothing gamey about thiat video, just pure epic hipshooting in the first 2 minutes and some germans caught reloading their weapons. Pretty epic though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how I play when im Assault, Engineer or SL with PPSH (or happen across one and decide to clean house) You run, shoot people, relocate inside the building, and kill some more. You have an SMG, your job is to clean out the small compact rooms, and the most effective way is to rush into a room and hose down anyone with lead. Keeping a capture point clear of enemies is fun also, the corner store on Pavlovs house, running up and down killing the riflemen time and again. Getting in, and then behind the house in Commissars and clearing out the germans by going from basement to 2nd floor and keeping mobile so they cant flush you out, whilst you wait for the eventual reinforcements to arrive, and derp right into bullets and die.

Is it arcadey? possibly, but what is the alternative, make SMG's slow firing like bolts? Reduce run speed so a fast response unit like an Assault troop with SMG's has to toss nades to clear rooms because otherwise he walks into fire?

Its a pub, its apartments, its an MKB assault trooper. Being a pub, people more than likely do not communicate, or have even a modicum of situational awareness (standing in fire crowd). If I see a mosin or a russian weapon on the ground, I immediately go into ultra paranoid mode (as opposed to my usual heightened paranoia mode), and crouch and cautiously move around. Apartments is a map where you need assault making sure that the houses are cleared, so an SMG guy in the house should be damned expected.

One thing I do differently however, is I scoop up every grenade I see, Russian AND German, and when in doubt, toss 3, or 5 nades around a corner, bonus for finding smoke nades, ive died too many times when trying to run out of cover and grab smoke nades, shame SL's die and leave them on the ground for me to die trying to do their jobs.

Upvote 0
RO:OST 41-45 "alc. Teas0r" by MG-M - YouTube

Guess which game that is from?

Here is a hint, it's not RO2.

After seeing this video now I know RO1 "vets" are full of ****.

So clueless. Sorry but if you can get any scrubby noob to play like that in RO:O then fine, but I doubt it. He's hip firing with bolts and SMG's for the most part, aiming by judging the angle of the weapon without instant iron sights, plus the guns have recoil. You also have bullet dip for sniping or longer range shots

Its a frag movie. Wait for an RO2 frag movie with editing and tell me it doesn't look like any other FPS when using SMGs and semis

RO2 isn't a bad game though, I may actually end up liking it a lot. But I also like CSS and TF2. I just expected gameplay more in like with what I played in RO:O. I can get used to the new game for sure but I have to consider it as a sequel

Upvote 0
I can get used to the new game for sure but I have to consider it as a sequel

Exactly, it is a sequel, so gameplay will change as new ideas are brought in and old ones are thrown out. I can't think of many (if any) sequels where gameplay was exactly the same as the original. For better for worse, RO2 is not RO1 and the sooner people realise this, the sooner TWI can get some decent feedback, rather than the forums being chock full of threads complaining that this and that isn't like it was before and demanding TWI change the game to fit with their personal wishes.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0