• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we please get some 2x XP events in Vietnam?

Jbarazal

Mar 23, 2017
I often see that KF2 gets some 2x XP events often, and RS2 got some in the past, but recently there were none of those...
I have like 800 hours in-game and would love to reach level 99, but the amount of XP still required is absurdly huge...
So, can we get some 2x XP from time to time? It wouldn't hurt the game since even with the double amount of XP earned it would take ages to progress in the later ranks

There are no plans for any more events such as Double XP for RS 2. I believe they require a game update to trigger, so they are not something that can easily be toggled, compared to KF 2.

Yoshiro -- could we possibly receive a permanent double XP bonus as a final send off/thank you for the community? It has been quite some time since double XP weekends have happened. Anytime someone asks “When is the new 2X XP event?” -- Tripwire/Antimatter staff always tell them, “Oh well, we have no plans as it would require an entire game update to implement.”

Now is your chance! This is the update to do it! I can't think of a single player who would be against this as it solely unlocks cosmetic items.
Yoshiro, now that we're on our final update -- can we please receive permanent double XP? As a thank you and final send off to the community?

Reactions: arielmeza2000
Upvote 0
Yoshiro -- could we possibly receive a permanent double XP bonus as a final send off/thank you for the community? It has been quite some time since double XP weekends have happened. Anytime someone asks “When is the new 2X XP event?” -- Tripwire/Antimatter staff always tell them, “Oh well, we have no plans as it would require an entire game update to implement.”

Now is your chance! This is the update to do it! I can't think of a single player who would be against this as it solely unlocks cosmetic items.
Yoshiro, now that we're on our final update -- can we please receive permanent double XP? As a thank you and final send off to the community?
We're discussing double XP, internally. It may be possible for us to run double XP.

Upvote 0
We're discussing double XP, internally. It may be possible for us to run double XP.
Why do Tripwire staff always make it sound like we’re pulling teeth when asking for Double XP? Why would this even require such lengthy “internal discussion” each time your community simply wants to unlock skins that were developed and placed in the game by Antimatter Games?

This happened during the November-December Holidays as well. It’s always an “internal discussion”. We just want to enjoy the skins, y’all. :)

Upvote 0
Why do Tripwire staff always make it sound like we’re pulling teeth when asking for Double XP? Why would this even require such lengthy “internal discussion” each time your community simply wants to unlock skins that were developed and placed in the game by Antimatter Games?

This happened during the November-December Holidays as well. It’s always an “internal discussion”. We just want to enjoy the skins, y’all. :)
Because there is no dev team to support RS2 any longer. This means we had to find out what it takes to enable double XP and see if we had anyone that could do it. If one of us doesn't have an immediate answer for a question, that question must be raised internally to get an accurate answer. :)

Upvote 0