• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can We Get An ETA On Native Languages?

AntiCitizenJuan

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Some people, myself included, really prefer hearing German and Russian language as opposed to the campy (no offense) voice actors that are currently in the game.

I am aware you can copy files from the beta and overwrite the RO2 ones, but it would be really nice to just have the option from the Audio Menu.

All of the means to do it are there, someone just needs to do it.
Can we get an ETA on this please?

digging the game otherwise

It came to that you can usually understand your team members because you speak the same language as them. Then the enemies will speak their natives languages and still sounds like gibberish to you.

This is what is in the game currently and what kind of makes a bit more sense and a bit less in certain areas.

So I'm kind of 50/50 on native languages for teammates.

Upvote 0
I agree that the current system is not bad, but what about players who don't speak English (I heard, they might exist)?

Why not make an option to make everybody speak their native language, even if it is just for accuracy.

You can still see important messages as text message in the chat in the language, you set your game to be.

But for now this can be treated as a minor issue. (doesn't mean, I don't want native languages though ^^)

EDIT: also I don't like those accents...I have never heard a german speaking english with such an accent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It came to that you can usually understand your team members because you speak the same language as them. Then the enemies will speak their natives languages and still sounds like gibberish to you.

This is what is in the game currently and what kind of makes a bit more sense and a bit less in certain areas.

So I'm kind of 50/50 on native languages for teammates.

Yeah, at first I wanted full native languages too but the whole english with a terrible Russian/German accent has kinda worked for me.

Upvote 0
I agree that the current system is not bad, but what about players who don't speak English (I heard, they might exist)?

Why not make an option to make everybody speak their native language, even if it is just for accuracy.

You can still see important messages as text message in the chat in the language, you set your game to be.

But for now this can be treated as a minor issue. (doesn't mean, I don't want native languages though ^^)

EDIT: also I don't like those accents...I have never heard a german speaking english with such an accent.

Can't you switch to Russian or German in Steam options?

Upvote 0

Even easier if your lazy, this is a script made by someone from the Steam forums https://rapidshare.com/#!download|1...xe|294|R~63CB55FD133E3D01E388319489F7DE19|0|0

I would get the link to the thread but it looks like Steams Forums are down right now, when you download this you just set it to your Steam directory and you click one simple button that switches to the Native Language.

And if you want to switch back you click the second button that switches you back, easy as ****.

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
I can't wait for the native option. The German voice speaking in English is so incredibly godawful that words can't even begin to describe it. I'm embarrassed to play the game around other people because it's so F'n annoying and bad. My gf walked in the other day and was like, "wtf is that sound? what's he even saying?" lol.

Upvote 0
I can't wait for the native option. The German voice speaking in English is so incredibly godawful that words can't even begin to describe it. I'm embarrassed to play the game around other people because it's so F'n annoying and bad. My gf walked in the other day and was like, "wtf is that sound? what's he even saying?" lol.

Just use the fix I posted and there you go, Native languages.

Upvote 0