Can RO kill a computer?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Nathan Bay

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
The Moon
I was wondering if steam or RO in general with all those updates that occur( possibly spyware?), can they eventually slow your computer down? Because about a year ago, i had a brand new dell gaming computer and it died from steam i think. Now im running on something else. It made me angry because that computer costs alot and now that i have a new computer, im afraid to put RO on my computer agian. Anyone answer this please? :confused:

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
No, no it can't. Everything that goes on Steam comes from the developers so no chance of malware getting on there. Any reports by antiviral software are false positives. Worst that can happen is game files getting fragmented but running defragment in windows will take care of that for non valve games and valve games are handled by steam itself inside their gcf file structure.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Depends on the e machines specs, but I never have had a personal good experience with an emachine (friends while growing up had some pretty lousy ones). But once again it depends on what is under the hood.

Nathan Bay

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
The Moon
im finding that cod2 wont work with it but that has way better graphics. Something about needing direct x 9.0, although the computer should already have it. Im sure RO might work, just might need to keep the graphics to medium.

BuddyLee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2006
NCC 1701-D Neutral Zone
Remember, companies like DELL make computers out of the cheapest components available so they can make the highest profit possible.

If you look at the guts you will see the junk inside. Like their POS CPU heatsinks and fans.

It probably got too much dust inside and overheated.