• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Can my pc run this game?

ObesePenguin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2011
Well i bought the witcher 2 not knowing about the patch 2.01 glitch so it doest run which is pissing me off..... but now this game Is on sale for 2 more hours and I am thinking about getting it but is it worth it? and can my pc run it? I heard there is a terriost hunt like mode on this game is that true? if so how is it? Here are my specs

Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2200 @2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
4GB of RAM
64 bit operating system
Nvidia 9500 gt

ObesePenguin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2011
Hmm alright thanks for the quick response. Guess I will wait to upgrade my computer before I get it

Deadbolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2008
You can still buy it while the price is so low and then just keep it uninstalled until you upgrade your cpu.

demonhunterdon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
South Wales, UK
Well I'm running the game on:
Intel core duo T9600 @2.80GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia 9600m GT

I'm currently getting around 35/45 FPS on medium/high settings on all maps except the new Ogledow map where my system struggles big time, but I also use throttle stop and gamesbooster (seems to work for me)as well as tweaking the engine ini.

Hope this helped a little.

And I aint seen any Terrorist hunt mode no...lol

hanky

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah, def would be playing the game on low settings. Not sure if stable fps either.

I would either save and upgrade, and/ or come back after the new year and see if TWI has any more performance patches.

Who knows, they may make it more GPU driven, either way I doubt will give much of a performance gain, so still would upgrade.

Andrew Blake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2011
Brilliant, just over the minimal settings for me. Get black textures on bullets, on lowest. Still on 1st place on scoreboard, lololol:IS2:
Off topic: my posts seem to take hours to appear on here whats all that about? by the time it arrives its not really relevant anymore..lol
Mods seem to added a minimum post limit before you can post without autorication. 5 posts i think, wierd really. well no spam on this forum, so I am happy.

Last edited:

SnowyOak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 17, 2011
Chicago, USA
My laptop has a core 2 duo mobile @ 2 ghz and can run the game on all lowest with around 25 fps.
You might actually get away with your dual core 2.8 ghz cpu. Why not install it and find out?