• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can I burn more songs to a music cd?

Well thats lame, thanks for the help anyway.

Whats ironic is that I just got "The Best of Type O Negative" and wanted to rewrite the long versions of some songs over the short ones on the album, but its fine I guess.

Sorry ... apparently the music industry doesn't think that it's worthwhile to spend the extra money for CD/RWs ...

Get a blank CD, do it that way. If you've got a Lightscribe drive you can even make the new disk look just like the factory one. Or you could get an MP3 player, put the songs you want on there. That's what I did ... I've got a playlist on my iPhone that's pretty much just T-O-N, The Pogues and Warren Zevon.

Also ... is it 'Best Of' or 'Least Worst Of?' If it's 'Best Of' then ... that means that there's something of theirs that I don't have, and I need to go spend some money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry ... apparently the music industry doesn't think that it's worthwhile to spend the extra money for CD/RWs ...

Get a blank CD, do it that way. If you've got a Lightscribe drive you can even make the new disk look just like the factory one. Or you could get an MP3 player, put the songs you want on there. That's what I did ... I've got a playlist on my iPhone that's pretty much just T-O-N, The Pogues and Warren Zevon.

Also ... is it 'Best Of' or 'Least Worst Of?' If it's 'Best Of' then ... that means that there's something of theirs that I don't have, and I need to go spend some money.

Its "The Best of" it looks like it was made in 2006.

And yeah my PC does have a burner, I might just burn a new copy with the longer songs.

By the way why would they put the shorter versions on the disc anyway? I can see for radio and videos, but on CD theres no excuse to cut the songs down.

Upvote 0
Its "The Best of" it looks like it was made in 2006.

And yeah my PC does have a burner, I might just burn a new copy with the longer songs.

By the way why would they put the shorter versions on the disc anyway? I can see for radio and videos, but on CD theres no excuse to cut the songs down.

The shorter versions are there because it's different from the album version. It may not be much different, but it's still different. (Maybe. I think sometimes the differences are just a big joke on the consumer, especially for TON ... for example, I can't tell the difference between the 'Cheese Organ' version of 'My Girlfriend's Girlfriend' that was on Least Worst Of and the one on October Rust.)

TON only had a few albums, and they had a Least Worst Of album after World Coming Down came out. So, if you've already invested the, what, 60 bucks or so to get all of their studio albums, then why would you be willing to spend more money to buy an album that has the exact same stuff that you've already bought on it, just in a different order?

(Also, the Best Of album was, IIRC, just Roadrunner trying to cash in on them a last little bit while they still had the rights. It was sort of a last gasp, since the contract was up and they were moving over to SPV.)

Upvote 0