• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Camping is killing gameplay

I prefer realistic gun sounds, and I do like RO2 current gun sounds a little, but I'd like them to sound more powerful. I don't mean more BASS AND BOOM but more volume, more SHARP EARDRUMBREAKING CRACK, as well bullet snaps from incoming fire. I would've thought they'd add bullet snaps but I guess that was too much to ask... as well as realistic sound delays from far away targets. I mean, if someone shoots from 300m wouldn't the sound come a little behind the actual bullet?

If someone has played ARMA 2 with ACE2 mod, you get the idea about good weapon sounds. High volume, sharp sounds. In COD4 and some one is shooting at you, there is no telling you're getting shot at unless you're hit. In ARMA 2 + ACE mod you definitely know when fire is coming at your way. THAT is what I want for RO2.
weapon sounds could be improved, and add sonic cracks .. and alot louder sounds when bullets are hitting close to you , now its only a whisper .. the weapons in this game are 1000 times better than bf or cod, where they are just DRUMS!! WTF

Upvote 0
Lol. people who think this game isn't super arcadey and 90% of gameplay not coming down to twitch reflexes and knowing every window. This is already a very arcadey game, face it.

I am simply providing my experiences to suggest what is preventing teamplay and tactics. But apparently people have their head so far up their own rear here that they have no clue what type of game they are actually playing, and how its gameplay compares to other games.

My fear of getting the realism gestapo on my *** was apparently justified.

Sounds like your rear is pretty stuffed up too.

You're simply providing your experience?

Wow, so is everybody else.... but somehow you're more right??

Me thinks not.

Most I have seen in here have been replying to your comments in a respectful manner and giving you honest answers.... and then you start off with telling people that they have their heads shoved up their arses.

If you can't take criticism then don't say anything.... because not everybody will agree with you all the time..... this is one of those times.

What's preventing tactics and teamplay is your inability to adjust to how RO plays.... and it has pretty well played like this for the last 7-8 years just fine.

Then you suddenly come along out of nowhere to tell us that your grandiose "Experience" with CoD and BF states that you're right & everybody else is wrong cuz they got their heads up their butts.

Nobody ever said this game was a 100% realism simulator.... it's a video game..... but it's still a hell of a lot more realistic than the other games you mentioned and it tries to stay close to real as possible, while still being enjoyable & fun.

What you want is Quake or CoD...... *points* They're that way.....

Look, you either love RO or you don't.... you either take the time to learn and adjust to how it plays..... or you "Epic Ragequit of Butthurt Porportions"

Upvote 0
Sigh at cod people coming in here and saying "omg a camper" deal with it, this is a tactical shooter.

I've been playing FPS long before this game was even a mod and well before CS was even a mod for HL and long before CoD was ever released. I've played pretty much all styles from full out rush to slow and campy.

There is one thing at odds with your thoughts on this matter and that is the game gives us an objective and a time line. Sitting back camping while you are on the attacking side does not fit the game play of Red Orchestra 2.

If you want to camp then join the defenders side and don't screw the chance of winning up for the attackers.

Btw I use a bolt action 90% of the time I play and I'm typically always very close to or in the cap points, as a attacker or defender.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I used to complain about "camping" long ago, but got over it. You learn to adapt and over come a situtation. Thats what makes it interesting. There are those who hold there ground and those who advanve. Different styles makes it interesting.

If it makes you use your whits and no run and gun with your head cut off, then maybe it will make you a better player.

Depending on the environment, decides how I will play the game...

Upvote 0
I've been playing FPS long before this game was even a mod and well before CS was even a mod for HL and long before CoD was ever released. I've played pretty much all styles from full out rush to slow and campy.

Oh Yeah?

Well I've been playing FPS's since Wolf3D, I played the Atari as a child, I played the C64, Coleco Vision, Intellivision, Vic20, Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Turbo Graphix 16, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Gamegear, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1, 2 and 3, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBox, XBox 360, DS, DSi, DSiXL, Pinball, Mortal Kombat 1 when it was first in the Arcades......

..... and Leisure Suit Larry...... The Original!

Want me to unzip my fly and whip it out on the table to see who's is bigger too?

What's your point?

There is one thing at odds with your thoughts on this matter and that is the game gives us an objective and a time line. Sitting back camping while you are on the attacking side does not fit the game play of Red Orchestra 2.

It's called a support role. You keep the Machine Gunners and Riflemen occupied.... you kill them, so that there are less of them shooting your assaulting team mates in the cap zone. You take one of their guys out, that's one less guy shooting at your team mates and possibly a better chance at them being able to cap without getting all mowed down from an enemy hunkered in and doing their own camping.

If everybody just rushed all together with no support, all you'd have is a meat grinder of machine guns, marksmen, riflemen, SMG's, Arty and Grenades all positioned where you're all coming from.

After all, they don't have to pay attention to anywhere else on the map because you're all right there running at them like a bunch of fools on the battlefield to absorb bullets and shrapnel.

If you want to camp then join the defenders side and don't screw the chance of winning up for the attackers.

Do you seriously think those times you capped objectives in the past, nobody on your team was staying behind and providing you cover?

Btw I use a bolt action 90% of the time I play and I'm typically always very close to or in the cap points, as a attacker or defender.

*clap clap* To each their own....... everybody is better at different tactics.

Myself, I do a little of everything, depending on the map..... but regardless of what I'm doing, I'm helping me team out the whole time.

If I'm not capping, I'm camping and providing support... I take out tanks so my team capping (who have no AT equipment with them) don't get rolled on and chewed up.

I take out the marksmen on their side camping..... usually with another AT Round..... most of the people I target are already shooting at team mates who don't have a good angle to fire back. It would be worse for my team if I didn't take that guy out who has them pinned. Then they can focus on what's on the ground in front of them, rather than getting chewed up from multiple angles.

On Pav's House, I'm usually an AT who camps and provides support..... I usually take out the enemy's tanks more often than my team's tanks do... and as a bonus while I'm waiting for more to show up, I pick off anybody who is trying to make their way to the defensive line or trying to attack.

If I can take out four of their guys in a few seconds, that's four less my team has to deal with, and when they clear out almost all the other guys on the other team, suddenly those guys are realizing that that don't have anybody left behind them to back them up, and then they're Steam Rolled.

Everything everybody does is important..... yes sometimes you get to the point where almost everybody is camping and doing nothing.

People sometimes get in that mood just to stretch the game out a little longer. It's a preference and you can either join in, or go to another server. There's plenty of them to choose from.

I used to complain about "camping" long ago, but got over it. You learn to adapt and over come a situtation. Thats what makes it interesting. There are those who hold there ground and those who advanve. Different styles makes it interesting.

If it makes you use your whits and no run and gun with your head cut off, then maybe it will make you a better player.

Depending on the environment, decides how I will play the game...

I agree 100%

If every single person was doing the exact same thing all the time, then the game would get boring fast. What is there left to accomplish except to try and do the exact same thing as the other guy, only faster and better.

Having to face tactics you're not accustomed to.... having to face people taking you out in ways you can't seem to figure out..... are the best challenges in a game you can get.

Though that's not including team killers, spawn killers, baser*pers & hackers.

People challenging you with tactics you have to counter and learn from are one of the best aspects of what makes this game so great.

Last edited:
Reactions: knigtstemplar
Upvote 0
camping will happen more once stats are fixed too many bf/cod players care about their KDR.

Yeah its the COD/BF players that are used to this slow paced campfest and not the running and gunning style of play that was in COD/BF....

Listen to yourself.

I'm sick of reading posts on these forums from RO1 hipsters who liked RO and tripwire before it was cool etc

I'm a COD player and I run around like a lunatic on RO2 killing all you elitist 'you are meant to camp in RO' players.

People camp in all FPS games, they are not just from one specific game/franchaise. Stop blaming RO2 problems on the community Tripwire are trying to attract.

You know, sooner rather than later all you fanboys are going to get what you want when BF3/MW3 are released and this game goes to the bargin bin. You can be as fussy as you want about the community then when it's back to being less than a thousand of you.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0