• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code calling artillery from a vehicle (weapon altfire maybe?)

Moz

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking just you could be able to scroll up into binoculars. and instead of setting a rally point. It would call artillery.

any ideas?

basically I'm looking at ROArtilleryTrigger and how to incorporated that into the BA64gunpawn. I've already given the BA64 the binoculars view but I haven't tested it. I'd imagine it would be difficult to just make a weapon fire that calls whatever the moon language in ROArtilleryTrigger is.

Plan B is to attach a the ROArtilleryTrigger to the back of the BA64 and shrink it's entry radius so you can use the trigger. Kinda lame to have to get out of your car to call artillery though.

I am awful at this.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to attach a radio to the BA-64, and then you could pick a point, get out of the 64, and click z on the radio? I know this is a somewhat roundabout solution, but it might be easier from there to find a way to use the z to call arty directly from the 64, and that might also make it easier to incorporate into other vehicles.

Would also have the advantage of not accidently calling arty while in binocs, but would have the disadvantage of being roundabout.

Don't know much about coding, but it just seems like a change in the solution idea might be easier than changing the basic way arty is called.

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to attach a radio to the BA-64, and then you could pick a point, get out of the 64, and click z on the radio? I know this is a somewhat roundabout solution, but it might be easier from there to find a way to use the z to call arty directly from the 64, and that might also make it easier to incorporate into other vehicles.

Would also have the advantage of not accidently calling arty while in binocs, but would have the disadvantage of being roundabout.

Don't know much about coding, but it just seems like a change in the solution idea might be easier than changing the basic way arty is called.
Is it possible to attach static meshes to vehicles in this manner?

Upvote 0