calling artillery from a vehicle (weapon altfire maybe?)

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking just you could be able to scroll up into binoculars. and instead of setting a rally point. It would call artillery.

any ideas?

basically I'm looking at ROArtilleryTrigger and how to incorporated that into the BA64gunpawn. I've already given the BA64 the binoculars view but I haven't tested it. I'd imagine it would be difficult to just make a weapon fire that calls whatever the moon language in ROArtilleryTrigger is.

Plan B is to attach a the ROArtilleryTrigger to the back of the BA64 and shrink it's entry radius so you can use the trigger. Kinda lame to have to get out of your car to call artillery though.

I am awful at this.

Last edited:

Psycho_Sam

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
www.rawgames.co.uk
We had a semi working version in Mare Nostrum but it caused too many problems with replication issues or something. Im not sure exactly what cus im no coder. :p If you find time in "Case's" busy schedule to ask maybe he can help with what he had.

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
We had a semi working version in Mare Nostrum but it caused too many problems with replication issues or something. Im not sure exactly what cus im no coder. :p If you find time in "Case's" busy schedule to ask maybe he can help with what he had.

Case is representin', aight foo'.

[VFD]HH

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2006
Would it be possible to attach a radio to the BA-64, and then you could pick a point, get out of the 64, and click z on the radio? I know this is a somewhat roundabout solution, but it might be easier from there to find a way to use the z to call arty directly from the 64, and that might also make it easier to incorporate into other vehicles.

Would also have the advantage of not accidently calling arty while in binocs, but would have the disadvantage of being roundabout.

Don't know much about coding, but it just seems like a change in the solution idea might be easier than changing the basic way arty is called.

Karabiner98k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 20, 2007
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to attach a radio to the BA-64, and then you could pick a point, get out of the 64, and click z on the radio? I know this is a somewhat roundabout solution, but it might be easier from there to find a way to use the z to call arty directly from the 64, and that might also make it easier to incorporate into other vehicles.

Would also have the advantage of not accidently calling arty while in binocs, but would have the disadvantage of being roundabout.

Don't know much about coding, but it just seems like a change in the solution idea might be easier than changing the basic way arty is called.
Is it possible to attach static meshes to vehicles in this manner?

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
Can it be possible to call in artillery from a visible aircraft in RO: O just like in COD4: MW ?