• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C4 is not viable on controllers anymore.

imnrk

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2015
The title says it all. I play exclusively with an xbox controller. After the change to make c4 in the equipment slot for pc players, the c4 has been exempt from the quick switch just like the knife or welder. Holding the weapon switch button in any situation, especially situations where the c4 works best, is basically a death scentence. Since c4 is exempt from the quick swap, one has to stand still, wait for the weapon switch interface to come up, and then select c4 before it can actually be used. This is simply unacceptable when a fleshpound comes charging at you, or when you are about to be surrounded by trash. And if you're not in a panic situation before you switch to the c4, you will be after with how fast the zeds get to you.

I suggest to either add c4 to the quick swap rotation just like any gun, or add a menu option to choose between c4 being under weapon or equipment.

Last edited:
Maybe. But unfortunately this issue is a result of how the weapon switching, rather than which button it's assigned to.

The weapon switch button (Y is my case) has two functions. If you tap Y quickly it will cycle between all of your actual weapons - the 9mm and any purchased equipment. The knife, medical syringe, welder and c4 are not included in this function. Other than the syringe, which has its own button, to access these items you need to press and hold Y to bring up an interface of all your equipment, then select which one you want to swap to with the d-pad. This is entirely non-optimal, and why I also don't switch to a knife to parry fleshpounds.

My suggestion is to get the c4 back onto the quick swap from tapping Y, like it was before the change to make c4 under the "equipment" slot.

Upvote 0