• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C&C + IPX + Vista = Fail

Mahnsikir

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
Ive got a bit of a problem, me and my flat mate have been trying to play either Red Alert 2 or Tiberian Sun multiplayer over the last few days and before when I had an XP pc it was fine as we could use IPX for LAN play but with vista there is no support for IPX.

I have used a program to enable IPX on my card but there is no way to edit the properties of it so its pretty much usless. Also for internet play (in which you can use TCP IP) you now need to use and register for XWIS as they took over from westwood online and for some reason it refuses to open on my flat mates pc.

So does anyone know any work arounds for either of these problems?

Hey thanks may try Hamachi, though i doubt it will work. its worth a go.

I dont know what you mean about COD2 not working, it worked fine for me :) Though im not going to get into the whole vista debate, this is the first time ive had a problem with vista apart from having to get new sound card drivers which wasnt its fault and this is because its dropped support for somthing (IPX) that hardly anything or anybody still uses and is probably less of an issue than when they decided to drop DOS support in XP.

oh but i get anoyed that I cant press [start] [r] to restart from the desktop :mad:

Upvote 0
Muhaha, found a fix :D
STA60033.JPG

Steal my old laptop from my gf!

Upvote 0