• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buying New PC, but can't choose :|

DeV

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
There's going to be an offer at a local store of a fully built PC. However at some points it kind of ****s. For example the graphics card isn't really that fantastic. Now I've kind of decided to either buy the one at the store, OR build my own. I have some parts I can take from this PC I use right now which are still more then usable. I have my setup all planned out if I want to go ahead with building my own, but that costs around 100 euros more then the prebuilt one at the shop.

To make a long story short, which one would YOU say I should go for.

Local shop offer -

Can you buy from Newegg ?
They have a killer bundled deal on fx-55 and 320 seagate HD for $200usd
and a 7900 gto that kicks butt for $250usd

with dx10 coming out real soon the dx9 card prices should be falling fast
also the fx55 is darn fast for a single core - games should be coming out that actually utilize dual core , but have yet to see one. Besides that socket 939 is dead - i keep at that in mind if you are looking to ever upgrade in near future.

Upvote 0
If you mean of that prebuilt one at the store, no that is as it is, no chance of changing anything. If you mean the self-built one: what kind of even better model were you thinking of then :S I might be able to get the soundcard from this PC I'm using atm into the new one.

No I meant the pre-built one.

B.t.w. check out www.informatiek.nl , they are very very cheap, deliver at your door and you can pay on delivery (dunno if that's possible with a complete system though)
En het duurde ff voor ik in de gaten had dat je uit NL kwam :D
Ooit wat software en 2 videokaarten gekocht bij die lui. 3 dagen na bestellen bezorgd.

Upvote 0