• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buy DODS or COD2? (Multiplayer)

Buy DODS or COD2? (Multiplayer)

• Call Of Duty 2

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Day Of Defeat Source

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Buy another copy of Red Orchestra! RED ORCHESTRA FTW!

Votes: 51 50.0%

• Total voters

BeserkWraithlor

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
I already own Red Orchestra, and I crave for more WW2 games! But which one should I get? I don't care about Single Player, only the multiplayer. The most obvious difference is that COD2 cost for $40, while DODS is only $20. My friend told me that DODS has better multi, and has more solid gameplay, but 4 factions and Iron Sights for guns makes COD2 good too. Both of them are a good choice, but I only get 1.

Which one?

Multiplayer only! (Ignore Single player please)

Last edited:
Neither of them really compare to RO. I would recommend DoD: S over CoD2 though, because it makes no bones about what it is. It's completely arcadey run around go pewpew with the old guns. CoD2 claims to be intense and realistic and ****, and fails completely. It's like weird hybrid between DoDS and RO.

Ok, more like a pathetic retarded bastard child than hybrid, but meh.

Upvote 0
Day of Defeat: Source is absolutely terrible in every single aspect. So horrible.

The M1 Garand and K98 only have iron sights (no alternate attack) which are incredibly worthless for the fast paced gameplay. On top of that, you can throw rifle grenades on them and fire them. It's just ****ing dumb. The MP-40 and Thompson Mouse 2 attacks is a punch. A PUNCH. Every automatic is not accurate at all. The gameplay is entirely running and gunning on the FOUR maps it has. Wow...so not fun.

Buy Call of Duty 2. At least with that, the weapons are realistic as they can be while maintaining fast gameplay. A good rifleman can take on someone with a PPSH or a shotgun alike. Add onto that the good usage of iron sights, and bingo. Maps like Brecourt absolutely rock because of what an unscoped rifle can do.

I recommend Call of Duty 2. As a owner of RO, CoD 2, and DoD:S, in regards to DoD:S I wish I had my $20 back to spend on something else.

Upvote 0
I would myself say DoDS since it's cheaper.

Second, the gameplay is beter than CoD2 MP (IMHO).

Third, it is quite fun sometimes even though it's quite much run'n gun. (CoD2 is actually even more worse run'n gun if you really start to nitpick).

Fourth I myself like DoDS more or less.

Maybe CoD2 has all ironsights and buttsmacks and other stuff like that but CoD2 SP is only thing enjoyable even though it is crap on specific areas. MP is somewhat fun and the new health system actually works in the MP quite well but the gameplay is technically no diffrent from CoD1.

Upvote 0
Is this a joke POLL?

I mean the first two choices...seriously?

If you must, I would go with the COD/CODUO combo and stay away from COD2. I have had all those and at least I can say I haven't uninstalled COD/CODUO. They are still very good in a classic game sense and still lots of players. COD2 is gone, uninstalled, wiped the folder from the hard drive...

But you will be back to RO.....

Upvote 0
Is this a joke POLL?

I mean the first two choices...seriously?

If you must, I would go with the COD/CODUO combo and stay away from COD2. I have had all those and at least I can say I haven't uninstalled COD/CODUO. They are still very good in a classic game sense and still lots of players. COD2 is gone, uninstalled, wiped the folder from the hard drive...

But you will be back to RO.....

Why is COD2 so bad for multiplayer?

Don't worry, I always play RO, I just want another multiplayer game now that Counter Strike got boring.

Upvote 0
Why is COD2 so bad for multiplayer?

Don't worry, I always play RO, I just want another multiplayer game now that Counter Strike got boring.

Other than better graphics and mantling, it is the same game as COD, but lesser of a game than CODUO (2 steps backwards) If you are looking for a consolish game, hey go for it... I had it, played single player which was ok, then tried multiplayer and went back to playing regular COD/CODUO. After playing RO, COD2 just seems sooo lame and stupid, like it designed specifically for a console. If you spend your money on it and like it fine, but if not, you've been warned!

Upvote 0
I don't have COD2 but I own DODS...

What can I say, i haven't touched it for months: It's very, very cheesy and lacks content. The first 30 minutes were fun but I for one thought it's getting boring REALLY fast (and it's not because i dislike action shooters, i still love and play Joint Ops and the old DOD). Can't say I'd recommend it. But hey it comes with CSS and HL2 MP right? Might be worth the money with the 2 others.

Upvote 0
I say like this if you want something arcadey and fast pased don't buy games like CoD, DoD or BF.
Go for a game like Quake 3, UT or UT2004. Really the only difference is that the UT and Quake games don't even try to keep a fasade of authenticity or realism and they do the arcade FPS genre so much better then DoD or CoD ever will.

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0