• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buttkicker Gamer: Anyone have one?

I've been thinking about getting or asking for a Buttkicker Gamer for Christmas. I have to play a lot with headphones, so I figured it'd be a good way to get some good rumble/bass response going.

Anybody have one of these or used one? I keep reading all kinds of great reviews on it.

I can just imagine rumbling up to the top of a hill in Arad in an IS-2 and letting loose with a 122mm shell. :) Or MG-ing stray infantry with the DP or MG34. :) Holy crap - what about artillery! LOL.

Nope, not a joke. From what I've heard of the product in a bunch of different reviews, it rocks.

The video ****s horribly. They couldn't have made it lamer if they tried. I just wanted to beat that girl with her MP3 player...

Also, it's not supposed to move. It just creates a "rumble" or force-feedback effect. It's basically a subwoofer that creates the feeling of bass without the actual loud-ass volume, so it's good for your ears and your neighbors.

Here's some of the reviews out there:
Oh, and by the way, this blog below has to be the best review of a vibration-based gaming device ever::p

Upvote 0
...ahem

HELLO :D

My handle comes from this most excellent game - in case anyone hadnt figured that out yet.

This was during the time my girlfriend (ex girl now) and I were big into clubbing and parties in the south of Market area... we would come home early in the morning still hummin like crazy... I'd flip on REZ since sleep wasnt an option, and plug in the ol' happy girl peripheral. She'd be havin herself a good time while I would be tryin to unlock all the extra goodies.

It's funny, she wasnt into games before I came home with the TranceVibrator. After that it was like the dog when you shake the milkbone box... turn on REZ and she'd come runnin' LOL.

Those were really good times for me - all of the things goin on back then. REZ is now my handle in all the games I play because of the good memories. An homage of sorts to a great game.

Wicked - this rumble chair thing looks interesting. I'm not personally in the market for something like this, but for someone who has a noise sensitive household, it looks like a good option.

Upvote 0
hey, if you want to go for one I'm not knocking it. I understand the premise behind it and it looks like a good idea for people who can't have a sub.

But I'm totally reminded of that short from Dilbert.

"Wwwwwooooouuulllllddd yyyoooouuuu llliiikkkee tttooo ttttrryyy aaa vvviiibrraattiinngg cchhaaiirrr?"

"Get away from me you pervert."

Upvote 0