• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Busy, busy

So sorry I dared to take time off last Saturday :p So, what news do we have for you this week?

Well, the Russian VO has now been recorded (in Russia, for anyone whining that they don't sound like real Russians). Got it back on Thursday, should be in game next week. German VO should be with us in a few days as well. There is an awful lot of it!

We were finalizing the bullet penetration stuff last few days as well. Coders have their work cut out a little on this one. Consider that, with tank main gun rounds, you haven't got more than 5-10 in the air in any given second. With a server with 50+ people on it, using PPShs, DP28s and MG34s, you've potentially got about a LOT more than that - so a LOT of penetration calcs going on. Happily it isn't my problem to optimize that lot (except in the design, obviously). But don't think hiding behind that over-turned desk is going to do you any good when I'm using the MG34 - and anti-tank rifles will live up to their more modern designation of "anti-material rifles"!

With E3 finished, we'll let the press recover from their EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Sony/MS-fueled mayhem - and then we'll start pushing out a series of announcements and general fun and games over the next couple of weeks. There are a series of press events coming up - one at home base next week (secret squirrel - not telling you about that one yet), plus events set up by 1C in Prague (18 June, if I remember it right) and San Fran (7 July), so there should be more press coming from those.

Competitive gamers: with the recent "announcements" from the MW/CoD camps, we've had a sudden rush of comp gamers shouting "save us!" Fortunately, of course, we have a ton of features in place already (as the faithful know) to aid comp gaming around RO. So, if you are/know any more comp gamers who are getting pissed at the news around the soon-to-be-completely-console-oriented games - bring them over here!

For light amusement - we are just in process of opening a new office, to be known as "Tripwire South". Actually, it is only about 5 meters south, but we need the space.

Also been doing some more interviews, so look for those appearing over the next couple of weeks as well.

Have a good weekend!

I hope your new office is being properly used:D

i64a-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Whoa whoa whoa there! Did I just hear Prague? June 18? I'm from Prague! I just had to register here to ask this:
What kind of event 1C is going to hold here? And where?

I tried googling - only found something called "1C Prague-n-play" that's supposed to be for journalists only and was held in 2007 and 2008 (and maybe other years).

I need the info, pretty please! Having a look at HoS with my own eyes, in person, that would be amazing! If it's possible for a simple mortal like me that is.

Thanks in advance, Tripwire, you rock!

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0