• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullet tracers

Tracers were only used in machine guns, not in rifles or submachine guns.

Ye greens for russions, yellow for germans if I remember correctly? But like in BC2, where you can snipe and see the bullet drop, it's really helpfull.. Although I haven't played the game, so it might be ok as it is already..

Reactions: Lucan946 and Apos
Upvote 0
Yes, but that isn't realistic. A tracer is a specific type of bullet that has a chemical in its base that burns brightly when it is fired. Many games make every bullet a tracer because it looks cool, but IRL you can't see bullets in flight. Tracers were only used in machine guns and weren't issued to soldiers with normal rifles. A tracer would be a very bad idea to use for a sniper anyway, because it will give his position away. Tracers also have different ballistic characteristics than a normal bullets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, but that isn't realistic. A tracer is a specific type of bullet that has a chemical in its base that burns brightly when it is fired. Many games make every bullet a tracer because it looks cool, but IRL you can't see bullets in flight. Tracers were only used in machine guns and weren't issued to soldiers with normal rifles. A tracer would be a very bad idea to use for a sniper anyway, because it will give his position away. Tracers also have different ballistic characteristics than a normal bullets.

This.
Although Snipers sometimes used Tracer rounds to approximately zero in their rifles in defensive positions; They didn't use them for actual shooting.

Upvote 0
YouTube - SOMGS - MG42 firing 300 rnds tracers at night

It would be nice if tracers in HoS look a like in video above.

However please no tracers for snipers...It should stay like it was in RO.

edit: maybe it could be cool option to chose how often MG shots tracer bullet. Like in real life MG operator could arm his ammo belt with specific type of bullets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tracers are a must for MG's... As a MG3 gunner in the army I know how usefull they are. All armies uses them and used them on MG's.... Anyways there are some things as different balistics which you have to keep in mind... For example, if you fire the MG3 at targets 400 meters away the tracers will go about 6 meters over the normal bullets due to heat.. Things like that needs to be done correctly if they are gonna have tracers....

Upvote 0
MG tracer fire anyone? :p
Always have to look to Knob Creek's night shoot. (the poster has the name wrong)
YouTube - knob hill

RE: Vapor trails.. I may have seen one or two in my scope. Its certainly not something I'd want to count on for ranging a target. Oh, I guess perhaps shooting at ultra long ranges (750+ meters) with a .50 cal and a 40x+ scope one might have time to see one. But I wouldn't know.... Otherwise for RO:HoS, I'd have to pass.

Upvote 0
That's not true.
IN Ost, every 5th round was a tracer.
It still looked like you were using a lightsaber when firing an mg42:p

All I'm saying is reduce the frequency of tracers so that there is a clear and visible pause between tracers, such that firing an MG won't always give away your position so easily

Upvote 0