• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Building Light: Lightmass crashes swarm agent

Srinidhalaya

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
So I've done quite a bit to fix this, but have had no luck what so ever.
unreallightmass.exe swarmagent.exe and swarmcoordinator.exe are all exceptions added on my firewall
I tried deleting them all, and validating files on steam.
I've reinstalled the game and the sdk tools.
There is no log file, as swarm agent crashes immediately upon building light with lightmass checked.
This happens on my map, stock maps, and a new empty map.
I can build light without lightmass checked.
I can't even open swarm agent to find the cache folder location, and purge/validate

Does anyone have any further input on this?

All the information I see about troubleshooting it is for UDK4, but they mention opening source, and recompiling unrealightmass.exe (Visual studio i assume)
That it creates files that are missing for some reason. Does any of that sound familiar to you, or if you have the time, can you screenshot your binaries folder contents, and your binaries/win64 folder contents?

Upvote 0
I think I am experiencing something different than others. In the discord, I've asked a few people to run the swarmagent.exe in their rising storm 2/binaries folder, and they report it just opening and immediately closing. When I perform this task, it actually crashes, "SwarmAgent.exe has stopped working..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0