• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Building B1 objective on Commissars

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
This objective has been - there is no doubt - an asshole since the map was played first. Either it is too hard to attack for Allies (regards to the whiners) or now it is actually impossible to prevent Allies from taking it.

It was somewhat fair before that the objecitve was recapable for Axis. I must say I had this kind of scorced earth policy. "We lose a objective, we instantly retreat and never counter-attack."

I'd say from 10 times this map is played, 1 time Axis is able to hold the B1 objective. This makes me feel as if B1 is a quick score objective for Allies and was never meant to be defended at all.

My question therefore is why is it an Axis objective at all? Wouldn't it be much better if it was an Allies objective instead? There's no need for Axis running there at must times, you lose B1 anyway and also lose precious reinforcements.

Solution: Make B1 a constant Allied objective. Axis can not attack it and too don't have to defend this pile of bricks.

I don't see the need of an objective that the enemy is not able to hold on the very first attack. Taking an objective should be challenging and not just walking first and therefore getting it.

Imagine Church objective on Spartanovka was unreachable for Allies on the first run and Axis almost always have it capped before you get there. Kinda frustrating, no?

Upvote 0
They are 'Gimme' caps meant to be taken without any real effort. I think the idea is while they are capping you are meant to organise a defence at the other capzones.
What really happens is the defenders send wave after wave at a cap they can't really hold even if they took it,and then lose on reinforcements.:)
On the flip side the gatehouse cap on the grain elevator was meant to be an easy cap but now is almost impossible for the axis to cap.

Upvote 0
Umm, in Sparta, Axis instantly cap Gullies 9 times out of 10. It makes no sense for Allies to recap Gullies if it is overrun - kinda same as B1 in Commissars, or what?

First of all, it's Building 81 ... not that it matters too much.

Second, on Spartanovka russians choose not to defend the Gullies, it's not that it's capped before they get there. From a distance point-of-view, the russian initial spawn is 2 seconds closer than that of the germans.

On Commissars both team run an average of 12 seconds to get to objective A. Defenders should really have a 2-3 seconds advantage ... at least.

Upvote 0