• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Build problem

LaughingTerror

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
I am trying to replace 5 tanks in the arad map. I have created 5 new textures. Added 4 new tanks to the t3485 and one to the IS. I adjust the properties to match the stock tanks with the exception of adding my new skins to eash tank. I build the map and it stall on the reachspecs part. I am not sure what I am missing or doing wrong. Any help here would be greatly apreciated.

I will try that and see what happens. But I am getting a non responsive program when I get to the pruning reachspecs part. I will post tomorrow if it works tho.

Yeah, windows will think it isnt active anymore and thinks it is stuck. But in fact it isn't (if all is well, windows only thinks that). Unless you screwed something up of coarse ;)

But give it a try first.

Upvote 0
Ok after waiting about 3 hours for the build to complete it didnt even work. Is there anybody who if I supplied the textures be able to replace 5 T3585 tanks in arad with 5 using the textures I made? I only have 1 texture left to complete and thay will be ready. In the main Russian spawn point there are 5 T3485 tanks. I want to replace them with 5 custon skinned t3485 tanks. If anybody could help me I would greatly apreciate it.

Upvote 0
Errr... you didnt create sub classes for your new tanks etc? Im not sure how you would go about doing that (not a coder here), but you can't do that just in the map :) I'm not sure if it's related to your problem, but you will defenitely need to make subclasses of tankfactories in some way. Just like you can pick a winter variant in the current factories fpor some vehicles.

Upvote 0
Here is where I am at. I created new tanks under the t3485 factory. I then delete an origianl tank and place my new one. I then use the skin part of the properties to make it use my skin. I then build the map and it doesnt work. I try to start it and get an error message and the game crashes. The new tanks are in the mypackage folder and the texture set is in the mylevel folder. Any idears?

Upvote 0
Here is the error mesage I get when I try to reload my custom map intot he editer now.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2413 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (9147)
Assertion failed: FriendlyName!=NAME_None [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 692]
History: UStruct::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.MyROIS0) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.MyROIS0) <- LoadObject <- (Class myLevel.MyROIS0 25286536==25286536/26237696 25286514 100) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra\Maps\RO-A).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Upvote 0
<big smile> I want you to have a look at the base on the other T-76 on the right (look familar)

talk to me on MSN [email protected] or Xfire Ardem, to get just the base was a lot of work, it did involve adding a new class. So you might want to have a chat, as I have I figured it out, I would like your help on something far more constructive then ARAD <smile>

id888643587
http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id888643587

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Laughing for making me do this, I have really learnt a heap about adding tanks. All I need now is a modeller and skinner and I could include any tank I like in a map. As you can see I attached this to a T-34/76 not a 85 just for testing purposes.

But I can definately give you the mods you are after, but seriously you should only think about one skin per type as it is a difficult assignment to get heaps of them going. Not impossible.

I had to create a class using the ROvehicle classes as a guide, then after watching a 3d buzz tut I was able to bumble my way through the rest. Took me only 6-8 hours to learn considering i knew nothing from the start that aint too bad.

Anyway Laughing get me in msn and see which Skin you want to use and i can create it and give it to you so you can stick in ARAD. And then do some work for me <wink>

id888635815

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks bud. I will look for you tonight. I have to take the wife out for dinner first. I am really hoping that we can add all 5 tanks tho. I want to add each of my clans tanks to the map. That way each tank crew car fight using their spefic tank in the game. But we will talk and see what can be done. Plus what I can do for you in trade :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0