• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BugSplat crash-to-desktop, game currently unplayable

BigSmelly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2020
Afghanistan
Over the past week I have attempted to return to RS2:V after a long hiatus. I have played hundreds of hours without issue for years. However, the game is continuously crashing to desktop/BugSplat either shortly after loading, after clicking a menu/changing a setting, shortly after joining a server, or mid-game.

I have sent several reports as well as opened tickets on both RS2:V support and TWI support, but haven't recieved any response.

I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, including but not limited to:
- Completely nuking all game files and re-installing on a different SSD
- Rolling back and manually re-installing the latest drivers for all of my hardware
- Rolling back my OS updates, then reinstalling the latest stable ones when that failed to solve it
- Toggling read-only both on and off for .cfg/etc
- Disabling any possible conflicting software (MSI Afterburner, security software, etc - I run pretty lean already however)
- Verifying game files on steam
- setting various launch-option commands on Steam
- manually disabling instanced rendering, then re-enabling it when that failed to solve it
- playing on low settings
- playing on high settings
- playing on default settings
- running in Administrative mode
- Uninstalling all workshop content
- Swapping GPU's
- Running beta GPU drivers
- Running old GPU drivers
- Optimizing my hardware settings VIA MSI Afterburner
- Totally disabling MSI Afterburner
- Disabling Classic Shell (Win10)

I am at an absolute loss. What's worse is that I can't even narrow down what the problem may be, since there is no error-code given. Nothing that I can see in the crash-log points to the culprit.

My hardware is more than capable of running the game and there are no issues with it; RS2:V is the only common denominator. My machine consists of an EVGA GTX1070 Hybrid 8GB, Asus Z77, Intel i7 3770k @3.50Ghz, 16GB DDR3, SanDisk Ultra II 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Home edition (Running Classic Shell overlay)

Extremely frustrating to say the least. Looking for some direction.