• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Bugs

Here is a list of bugs I have run acrossed and I will update this as needed.

This is color coded with each color meaning a major issue and should be fixed ASAP!

Minimum
Moderate
Major

System Tested On:
MacBook 10.5.7
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM
NVidia GForce 9400M 256MB

Bugs:
  • BioLabs has no Floor Textures (Possible Fix)
  • Shiny Chrome Stalkers
  • Broken Glass Looks Weird
  • If the Light Effects are Hitting a Texture, it Fills up the all of that Texture. Also causes some to just become black
    (As you can see the light effect on the back wall covers all at that texture box and makes it look off)

(Another example as what I mean by this, it goes all the way through to the end of that texture causing it to make everything look off)

(As you can see the two textures are completely filled up)

(Light Shining Straight onto the Ground)

Last edited:
the issues you post seem to happen with people running old versions of mac OSX.

10.5.7 isnt supported by steam, although the issue you describe happens to people in 10.5.8 as well i believe. TWI will hopefully fix it (for 10.5.8+ atleast) as i believe they are aware of the issue and if not they will probably be soon :F.

You can try opening the console with ` or ~ and then typing in Renderemulate Xbox (or gf1,gf2) to see if that works, as a temporarily solution as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the issues you post seem to happen with people running old versions of mac OSX.

10.5.7 isnt supported by steam, although the issue you describe happens to people in 10.5.8 as well i believe. TWI will hopefully fix it (for 10.5.8+ atleast) as i believe they are aware of the issue and if not they will probably be soon :F.

You can try opening the console with ` or ~ and then typing in Renderemulate Xbox (or gf1,gf2) to see if that works, as a temporarily solution as well.

I already know this and yes 10.5.7 is supported just NOT FOR SOURCE GAMES. This is basically to keep a major list of bugs found as I was not done and headed off to bed.

Upvote 0
In the requirements for the steam application it says the following:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

System Requirements
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
512 MB RAM
1 Ghz or faster processor

Intel Mac, OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
Two-button mouse strongly recommended

1GB HD space (recommended)
Internet connection (broadband recommended)

Of course this doesn't mean that it doesn't work on older systems, but its not supported. And basically bugs are not specifically fixed. Similarily to how intel GPU's are not supported even though the game runs pretty ok on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the requirements for the steam application it says the following:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Of course this doesn't mean that it doesn't work on older systems, but its not supported. And basically bugs are not specifically fixed. Similarily to how intel GPU's are not supported even though the game runs pretty ok on them.

This has nothing to do with STEAM it is KILLING FLOOR stop posting in my threads if you have nothing to say at all.

Upvote 0