• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Bugged Controls

Draighven

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
PC Version

The controls seem to become un-bindable. Currently my "Move right" keybind is blank and unable to be re-bound.

I am also unable to go "Back" on the settings menu. Keyboard/mouse and controller both do not work. (Work around: use the mouse to click on the gameplay tab and then it allows you to back out. None of the other tabs in settings will let you leave by pressing escape on keyboard or back on a controller.)

Unable to switch between keybindings and controller setups. It always stays on keyboard bind menu even when using a controller to play. Happens both on an x-box one controller and a ps4 controller.

I apologize I left out some details.

I noticed that there seemed to be a dead zone on my analog stick between up and diagonal up/left (X-box one controller, probably related, I tested the controller in another game after reporting this and the dead zone isn't present in the other game.) The shark would not respond when the stick was in that range of motion. So I switched to keyboard. I re-bound the move left and right keys to dodge left/right while trying different things out. When I put them back to move left/right it initially looked like it worked but I noticed I could not move right. When I went back in to check the bindings the move right slot was blank and it would not let me re-bind at that point. It's also the same point at which it would no longer swap back to the controller settings menu as I tried to go back to controller. I can still use the controller to play, but UI still shows everything for keyboard and keybinds instead of controller presets.

The issue with not being able to use 'back' or 'escape' to return from menus has been there since I first played the game on launch day.

Upvote 0