Bug or feature: Loosing role mid round?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MadTommy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2008
I have a question...was just having a quick game and was surprised to find myself the 1st person loaded with my choice of roles. having not played 'marksman' before i grabbed the role.

After my 1st death, i didn't respawn, missed 2 respawns so i checked the role list, and it said all slots were taken. I had lost the kit/role, mid round.

Is this a feature or a bug? Its quite annoying as opportunities to play marksman are/will be far and few between.

Last edited:

Pexisan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
I think when you get the BF commission, you can choose whatever role for the rest of the round. So if the commissioned player chooses another role in the middle of the round, he gets it, but this is just speculation...

MadTommy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2008
I've had quite a few battle commissions.. but only at the end of the round.

Anyone had one mid round?

Devil_Inside

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2007
Moldova
Don't know if it was a bug or not, but several times I've got battlefield commission, I was able to select already occupied roles several times per round. Maybe it works for the whole round?

B4$$TarD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I've had a few mid-round commissions lately. I usually stick to the role I'm in, but sometimes key roles (Commander!!) are not used properly so... :eek:

MadTommy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2008
Thanks lads.

New question: Are mid round commissions a feature or bug? :eek:

(i only have ever seen them at the end of the round)