• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bug compilation for TWI

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Just thought I would make a thread to compile bugs in and possible solutions to make it easier and faster for TWI to squash/fix them. Please do not post ways on how to use game breaking exploits(Like the old rapid fire boomstick exploit of past) or map exploits; instead PM those to a Moderator or Yoshiro.

1. Grenade Sleeve Bug - Probably has to do with Sleevenum setting in default properties.
  2. Tommy Gun does not add to Stalker kill count
  3. Weight for dualies won't be internally halfed in trader menu if you already have the single version. (in KFPawn)
  4. Dualies weight won't be halved for non-sharpshooter perks in trader menu. (in KFBuyMenuSaleList)
  5. Weight is calculated improperly when upgrading to dual pistols. Example: while one can carry both the Flamethrower and Dual Flare Revolvers, it is impossible to upgrade to dual Flare Revolvers from a Flamethrower/Flare Revolver loadout.
  6. Laggy movement resulting in slow speed sometimes occurs on join. The only fix is to leave the server and rejoin.
  7. M4, Mac10, MP7M, MP5M, FN Fal and Tommygun have a double-fire issue where they fire two bullets on the first click in Full-Auto. Caused by KFHighROFFire class.
  8. General Medic dart hit detection.
  9. Players' corpses contribute to trigger RadialAttack.
  10. Monsters' corpses contribute to trigger PipeBombs.
  11. Random inaccuracy of dual wielded pistols when player looks in x-Axes direction.
  12. M99 bullet keeps being alive on some walls (doors, decoration)
  13. Bug in UnloadAssets() (always returns true) in classes KFMeleeGun, Crossbow, M99SniperRifle. This causes in some cases that xBow arrows won't be drawn.
  14. Hiteffects do not spawn for xBow/M99 bullets (also concerns shotguns but it's not too heavy) on clients when shooting from close distances.
  15. Extended collision cylinders overlap with normal ones for most monsters.
  16. Sell value for dualies is not always correct.

Last edited:
Four bugs that constantly annoy me:

1) Tommy Gun does not add to Stalker kill count

2) Weight is calculated improperly when upgrading to dual pistols. Example: while one can carry both the Flamethrower and Dual Flare Revolvers, it is impossible to upgrade to dual Flare Revolvers from a Flamethrower/Flare Revolver loadout.

3) Laggy movement resulting in slow speed sometimes occurs on join. The only fix is to leave the server and rejoin.

4) Zeds are highly prone to getting stuck in locations where they cannot be killed on Foundry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M4, Mac10, MP7M, MP5M, FN Fal and Tommygun have a double-fire issue where they fire two bullets on the first click in Full-Auto. This has been around since XMas, and it's caused by KFHighROFFire class. Sigh, memory conservation...

It can be fixed, KFHighROFFire just needs an overhaul.

There's a related issue concerning the sounds of these guns, too. It affects the same ones.

Upvote 0
one bugs that constantly annoy me:

1) i cant unlock any achievements.like this:
play KF->out the game->verify game cache,than find 1 file going wrong->reload->into game,than still cant unlock any achievements.
but i have fix it on complicated way:
play KF->out the game->verify game cache,than find 1 file going wrong->reinstall game->than get move on unlock achievements.
but my way still cant cure the bugs.when i unlock one achievements and than out the game,i sure reinstall game for next achievements.
any one got this problem?
any one help me?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actaully, I have sent you fixes for the following bugs/exploits here, but unfortunately they have not found it's way into the game yet. :/

1) Players' corpses contribute to trigger RadialAttack.
2) Monsters' corpses contribute to trigger PipeBombs.
3) Random inaccuracy of dual wielded pistols when player looks in x-Axes direction.
4) Weight exploit (seriously, fix that!)
5) M99 bullet keeps being alive on some walls (doors, decoration)
6) Bug in UnloadAssets() (always returns true) in classes KFMeleeGun, Crossbow, M99SniperRifle. This causes in some cases that xBow arrows won't be drawn.
7) Hiteffects do not spawn for xBow/M99 bullets (also concerns shotguns but it's not too heavy) on clients when shooting from close distances.
8) Extended collision cylinders overlap with normal ones for most monsters.
9) Selling one dualie part fills ammo.
10) Buying one dualie part fills ammo.
11) Sell value for dualies is not always correct.
12) Medics spawn with full ammo, picking up dropped medic guns also provides full ammo.
13) Weight for dualies won't be internally halfed in trader menu if you already have the single version. (in KFPawn)
14) Dualies weight won't be halved for non-sharpshooter perks in trader menu. (in KFBuyMenuSaleList)

Last edited:
Upvote 0