• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buffs are killing endless mode

Greetings,
I apologize in advance for the bad English of Google translate.
What I would like to bring to your attention is the persistence of the drastic drop in frame rate, generated by the activation of the medic buffs.
in survival mode the problem is almost non-existent, but in endless mode, upon passing the fortieth wave (this varies depending on the type of console), the bug begins to appear and grows more and more as the waves go by.
around the 50/60 wave the situation becomes unmanageable.
I am sure of what I say, because if the buffs are deactivated, everything goes back to normal.

We've had a number of users report this to us, but so far we have not been able to reproduce this issue and are looking for more information about what may trigger it.
In your opinion, could it depend at least in part on the host of the game?
I ask this question because I noticed that with the same difficulty, number of players, map and wave number, lagging can vary a lot

Upvote 0
Do you mean the server in this case? And we currently are attempting to follow all leads.
i'm pretty sure the bug comes from game UI.
during medic buff lag the game menu can completely resolve framerate cap by pressing ESC

. also medic perk distance and healing gas blue effect dose not impact on fps.
except the green icons in start of full loading and the time when its getting empty

we tested in unofficial map called (T2R) KF-T2RTestMap
when the medic player stay in downstairs and u play in upstairs
the buff green icon can randomly flash in your screen so u are far away from medic perk u dont receive healing but icons loads and framerate limited slowly
it's mostly happen because the map texture designs are broken

in start of the game framerate are perfectly fine even with medic
but slowly facing delays and gets lower by few wave
u cant do anything till you rejoin to the server and map

Reactions: Yharl_Ballin
Upvote 0
i'm pretty sure the bug comes from game UI.
during medic buff lag the game menu can completely resolve framerate cap by pressing ESC

There's a console command in this game called "togglehud". Issued once it completely removes the HUD (including the medic buff icons). Issued for a second time it brings it back.

You can assign it to a key. Bring up the console (by pressing ` key) and type this:
Code:
setbind "l" "togglehud"

This will bind the togglehud command to "L" button (you can choose whatever here suits you best). Then issue "stat fps" command in the console so the game shows the frames per second. Then film yourself getting in and out of the medic buffs condition while pressing L repeatedly to show how it works while both with the HUD on and off.

PS also while filming it bring up your graphics options so we can get an idea what are you running and also share your hardware config (CPU and GPU).

Upvote 0
We've had a number of users report this to us, but so far we have not been able to reproduce this issue and are looking for more information about what may trigger it.
Seems like this is happening on the older Xbox’s such as Xbox x and one. I play with a good amount of people on Xbox , they also msg me about this, I asked what Xbox there playing and all of them said Xbox one or x, I’m on the series x and I have couple people playing on the series x and s and they report no issues. So maybe it’s issue with the older Xbox? I have a clip of my friend showing me this massive lag, if you want to take a look , I’ll send it.

Upvote 0
Do you mean the server in this case? And we currently are attempting to follow all leads.
This began occurring once the stack multiplier for medic buffs on HUD was introduced in the previous Halloween update. This was never an issue before the (x2, x3, x4) was displayed on buff icons.

So my best educated guess would be that the player is actually being stacked beyond the intended limit of (x3 and x4) which means that while the buff icon may correctly display (x2, x3, x4) on HUD, the player may actually be overstacked beyond the capable stack limit which could possibly be contributing to the massive frame drop. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Upvote 0
I see in this answer for the first time a hope to solve the problem.
I am aware that I have used harsh words, and what I am doing is showing this reply to people who have left the game and who do not follow this forum.
all people who will surely come back when the problem is solved.
We are people who have been loving KF for years.
Don't disappoint us
Thanks for now

Upvote 0