• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buff the Dreadnaught skill!

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
currently it's super weak and almost never used! The Skirmisher is just so much more viable for every scenario!

How would i make it more viable? Very simple! Just give 1 hp health regeneration per second! WOW!

This simple buff would make it more balanced and more viable to use. Now you are able to tank while also healing yourself a little bit, while defending your battle buddies.

So TWI please buff the Dreadnaught! :(

Reactions: missing_trigger
I think raising from 175 > 200 would be a good buff.

To be honest additional 100 HP on top of resists is not bad at all. You get a lot of effective health points, way more than with Skirmishers and Dreaghnough works fantastic with Spartan ( i think ?) which restores 25% of HP per zed time = in total 50% HP recovery in few seconds.

It is a very good talent pick, and completely viable depending on your team load out. I use to play with my friend and he always picks 175 HP talent, as long as you can trust your medic or personal skills OR combination with Vampiric + 25% HP restore per ZED time trigger.

Perhaps instead of raw HP Increase how about something different like "Less HP = Your healing bonus from all sources increases by xx %". What it would do? Less HP you can quickly Q-self heal for more than 20 HP and it would co-work with Vampiric and zed-time HP restore.

There is still healing cap per second in the game, so it wouldn't be that broken with medic heals.

Upvote 0
I think raising from 175 > 200 would be a good buff.

To be honest additional 100 HP on top of resists is not bad at all. You get a lot of effective health points, way more than with Skirmishers and Dreaghnough works fantastic with Spartan ( i think ?) which restores 25% of HP per zed time = in total 50% HP recovery in few seconds.

It is a very good talent pick, and completely viable depending on your team load out. I use to play with my friend and he always picks 175 HP talent, as long as you can trust your medic or personal skills OR combination with Vampiric + 25% HP restore per ZED time trigger.

Perhaps instead of raw HP Increase how about something different like "Less HP = Your healing bonus from all sources increases by xx %". What it would do? Less HP you can quickly Q-self heal for more than 20 HP and it would co-work with Vampiric and zed-time HP restore.

There is still healing cap per second in the game, so it wouldn't be that broken with medic heals.
Honestly any buff to dreadnaught would be well appreciated. Currently it's just not very viable for solo at all. Only OK for online as we all know.

But i really think that the small hp regeneration of 1 hit point per second would be the best. It would increase the endurance ot the Berserker in both the solo and online game modes.

Upvote 0
currently it's super weak and almost never used! The Skirmisher is just so much more viable for every scenario!

How would i make it more viable? Very simple! Just give 1 hp health regeneration per second! WOW!

This simple buff would make it more balanced and more viable to use. Now you are able to tank while also healing yourself a little bit, while defending your battle buddies.

So TWI please buff the Dreadnaught! :(

In group play with good medic I take Dred all the time. Only if medic is running all dart perks.

Upvote 0
Nah, the 1hp/s would take too long to give any meaningful hp back in a certain time frame (especially when you're in a thick of it with no speed boost to keep yourself safe while you regen some health)
The boosted healing either more hp per shot or faster hp regen per shot would help much more, so you can stay in a thick of it for longer while you have a pocket.
Bonus if that skill also works with your own syringe... giving you nearly same boost as what survivalist has

Upvote 0