• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation BSP to Static Mesh question

Catalavos

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Hi guys,
I've tried to convert a BSP shape (a building with doors and windows) to a static mesh but when I do the holes for doors and windows get covered up and I end up with only a flat plane shape (doors and window holes disappear). I've tried to select just the additive brush, just the subtractive brush and both at the same time but still end up with only a solid shape. Am I doing something wrong or it that just how it works?

Obviously you have a combination of additive and subtractive brushes that you are trying to convert. You can only convert one brush at a time.

Solution is to create a rectangular red builder brush larger than your BSP construction (type in numbers, do not use the scale function), it needs to completely envelop the BSP you wish to convert. Next, use the "intersect" brush option in the left brush dialog pane. This should give you a red builder brush of only the solid BSB. Move the resulting red builder brush away to an empty area and click the "add" brush. You should now have a single BSP to convert. When converting, works best if your BSP brush is at world zero, and all the vertexs are on the grid.

G'luck.

Upvote 0
Obviously you have a combination of additive and subtractive brushes that you are trying to convert. You can only convert one brush at a time.

Solution is to create a rectangular red builder brush larger than your BSP construction (type in numbers, do not use the scale function), it needs to completely envelop the BSP you wish to convert. Next, use the "intersect" brush option in the left brush dialog pane. This should give you a red builder brush of only the solid BSB. Move the resulting red builder brush away to an empty area and click the "add" brush. You should now have a single BSP to convert. When converting, works best if your BSP brush is at world zero, and all the vertexs are on the grid.

G'luck.

This is how you do it.

Upvote 0