• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] British Sitcoms

python was a comedy sketch show - but for that format i'd add 'a bit of fry an laurie' (my fav) and 'Kenny everett show' (groundbreaking)

sitcoms-
dad's army
the fall and rise of reginald perrin
young ones (very dated now)
ever decreasing circles (underrated and forgotten)
hot metal (no-one seems to have heard of this)
any and all alan partridge
peep show

I thought Black adder's best series was the 2nd.
For me fawlty towers is prob the greatest ever; helped by being a short 2 series run. (I thought though often brilliant fools and horses went on too long)

Upvote 0
Goes Forth was my favourite, probably only bcause of Stephen Fry as Gen. Melchett..

My fav episode in 3 was him as Wellington battering the crap outta the prince regent (who'd swapped characters with blackadder)
The dopy look on Hugh's face as he keeps getting up is priceless.

poor hugh

I like 2 best because i think it had the strongest selection of regular characters, was freshest as it introduced elton's writing and the era yealded interesting stories and was ideal to poke fun at.

Upvote 0
All of the above, I love british comedy!

I absolutely loved Green Wing too, but can't seem to find anyone else who like or even know of it around here... Guess I like my humour a bit on the absurd side. Also why I love the Boosh I guess, which Nestors incessant posting of made me notice, thanks for that.

YouTube - Greenwing - Guy with kitten

Upvote 0