• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Brink

Like I said before, I like the game but It's very close to dead and not worth a purchase unless this new update fixes and adds a ton of stuff. I think average players is like 400 something.

it's a shame because if the games as good as i expect it is (based on previews, friends opinions and WET/ETQW experience) it shows that basically my tastes (and those like me) in shooters continues to become more and more on the fringe of what ppl want to play -i'm running out of games i enjoy that aren't dead.
I'm gonna buy it soon, even though i dont have a pc to run it at the moment.

Upvote 0
it's a shame because if the games as good as i expect it is (based on previews, friends opinions and WET/ETQW experience) it shows that basically my tastes (and those like me) in shooters continues to become more and more on the fringe of what ppl want to play -i'm running out of games i enjoy that aren't dead.
I'm gonna buy it soon, even though i dont have a pc to run it at the moment.

Yeah even though soon after release I knew it wouldn't be wildly popular I was hoping for enough dev support that the game would have a strong cult following. Unfortunately, many major performance bugs still persist that have little to no hope of being addressed at this point. That right there puts a huge drain on the amount of players willing to stay. Add to that the fact that this new DLC update that was supposed to reinvigorate the game has been delayed multiple times, and you have an even more quickly dwindling playerbase. That's why I say the update has to be superb for BRINK to have any hope of springing to life. Most of the players, even many of those holding out, are gone.

Upvote 0
phaps QW will probably have more regular players on it than brink by next year - lucky think about that game is, although it has recived little patching the balance already works perfectly so there are no gripes.
Also the 12 origional maps are good enough that the lack of additions, thou a shame, is not critical.

I don't understand why Brink as a style of shooter (forgetting technical issues) isn't inherantly more popular.
I mean the way i look at it, your real-life military games should be as realistic as you can get while still being enjoyable, but if you want a more action packed dynamic shooter surely fantasy/sci fi settings are more interesting?

Unfortunately most ppl want fantasy gameplay which but in a RL setting which to me makes no sense -
Unreal Tournament indeed still lives on but it's brown and wears DPM (BDU) nowadays...

Upvote 0
I think the reason why brink isn't popular is because it's simply not a good game. It's gameplay mediocre at best and the unlocking/ranking system is borked.

The only good things it has to offer are the graphical style, which I like, and the free roaming system.

Thank god I had it on PS3, so I could resell it, as it wasn't bound to an account.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
The game is dead in Ausland, and it's not hard to see why.

Map design is quite bad, almost completely favouring the defending team.
Bots are a bit retarded, and IIRC there's no command system to say "cover me you w@nkers" which leaves me, at least, feeling like i'm playing alone against a camping team trying to finish an objective.

Parkour and lean are good, as is the gun customisation. Though the drum mags don't increase overall ammo is annoying, that's what they're there for.

The fact it's pretty much spam nonstop with every assault rifle/submachine gun is really bad. While no OHK on headshots means there's less emphasis on snipe camping, the fact that you can shrug off a whole mag dump is enraging.

Upvote 0
I reinstalled to see if the new patches and DLC improved anything. Surprisingly they did seem to fix a bunch of stuff. Gun handling is much improved. The recoil and accuracy changes make the guns feel more like they have proper weight now. Performance is also much improved although that might have been from the new ATI drivers and not the game. So it's still not a perfect game but its better than most people give it credit for I think. It'll be interesting to see how much of a player boost the game gets after the free weekend. At least for now it's nice seeing 5,000 people in game instead of 500.

Upvote 0
I've tried some, but it's a pretty confusing game imo. I'll give it a few more tries though.

Same here, it seems so random. Too much stuff being thrown at the screen and people running around like headless chickens The customisation is nice but when in game everyone looks the same. I also tried single player and it played badly with brainless bots.

Art style is nice enough and it runs well. I wouldn't buy it though unless it was

Upvote 0