• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Brink

My verdict after 3h: This game sucks hard. Challenges are retarded. Weapons feel ****ty and do no damage. Graphics are weird with subpar performance(AMD). Soloplay is crap and pretty much impossible because the AI is retarded and in multiplayer it's worse than CoD because nobody cares about teamwork. Waste of 32

Upvote 0
There's really nothing wrong with Brink despite what that idiot Yahtzee says.

While I enjoy the game and have played it long enough to get my money's worth, there are plenty of things wrong with it. Not only are the ATI performance problems still not fixed, but they seem to be getting ignored as a non-issue at this point. There are plenty of weapons to choose from but they're all rather useless since the Carb-9 smg is better than all of them (high rate of fire + decent damage + tightest bullet grouping makes it the logical choice for pretty much every build). There is a lack of a high res texture option (all textures except character faces and first person weapon + arm models are too low res for a modern PC title like this). Pretty much all the levels favor defense. There are more problems and I'm not saying this makes the game bad, but it most certainly isn't perfect.

But gotta agree, Yahtzee's review for this game was really weak. He couldn't figure out the parkour system which is ridiculously simple (hold spacebar + aim at system = BAM! you parkoured some ****). And then he suggested the parkour system was stupid because the levels shouldn't need objects to hurtle, they should all be bland corridors. Wtf?

Upvote 0
Yahtzee just picks on stuff for the sake of it.
Sometimes is objectively right, but when he can't find any obvious flaw to make fun of or one to make a witty comment about, he just simply trashes away with a subjective opinion on a matter.

Good comedy when he is objective, lame when he is subjective, but the problem is that he can convince his legion of followers that a game sucks, when it just doesn't.

Can't speak for Brink since I haven't tried it myself though.

Upvote 0
http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?4417-As-Expected-Bethesda-and-Zenimax-Were-Hacked

Among the data stolen by LulzSec from Zenimax Media and Bethesda Softworks, is the information for some 200,000+ Brink users. As warned by the group last night, the hacker group had once again brought out the big guns.

Greetings Internets,

This is a story all about how we made Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax Media, and everything they own, our ***** for life.

As you should know, The Lulz Boat stores vast amounts of booty; much of this booty we don't release as it's simply too shiny and/or delicious. As of late, certain inferior sailing boats have discovered flaws in Brink (brinkthegame.com), thinking themselves exciting and new.

Too late. The Lulz Boat controls this ocean, chumps.

Some weeks ago, we smashed into Brink with our heavy artillery Lulz Cannons and decided to switch to ninja mode. From our LFI entry point, we acquired command execution via local file inclusion of enemy fleet Apache vessel. We then found that the HTTPD had SSH auth keys, which let our ship SSH into other servers. See where this is going?

We then switched to root ammunition rounds. And we rooted... and rooted... and rooted...

After mapping their internal network and thoroughly pillaging all of their servers, we grabbed all their source code and database passwords, which we proceeded to shift silently back to our storage deck.

Please find enclosed everything we took, excluding one thing - 200,000+ Brink users. We actually like this company and would like for them to speed up the production of Skyrim, so we'll give them one less thing to worry about. You're welcome!​

As of this moment, we have yet to see an official statement from Bethesda or Zenimax about this matter. We will not be linking to the file location mentioned in the above statement. Do not post it here either as we will remove the URL.

Upvote 0
While I enjoy the game and have played it long enough to get my money's worth, there are plenty of things wrong with it. Not only are the ATI performance problems still not fixed, but they seem to be getting ignored as a non-issue at this point. There are plenty of weapons to choose from but they're all rather useless since the Carb-9 smg is better than all of them (high rate of fire + decent damage + tightest bullet grouping makes it the logical choice for pretty much every build). There is a lack of a high res texture option (all textures except character faces and first person weapon + arm models are too low res for a modern PC title like this). Pretty much all the levels favor defense. There are more problems and I'm not saying this makes the game bad, but it most certainly isn't perfect.

But gotta agree, Yahtzee's review for this game was really weak. He couldn't figure out the parkour system which is ridiculously simple (hold spacebar + aim at system = BAM! you parkoured some ****). And then he suggested the parkour system was stupid because the levels shouldn't need objects to hurtle, they should all be bland corridors. Wtf?

The maps could use tweaking, yes. Certain maps are nearly broken if one team has even one more skilled player than the other team. I've been on teams that have been completely hemmed into the spawn before. Sadly, all that can be done thus far is to leave the server and find another. So, that is correct in which you say. I'd like a rebalance of some of the maps. The guns for the most part I've found to be well balanced minus the Carb-9. I use the Rhett mostly. I like it, dunno why.

Interestingly, I have an ATI notebook and the game runs fine. At first the FPS died no matter what the settings but once I switched it to windowed mode--at my native LCD res--it gets an average of 50 FPS now. Strange.

Upvote 0
I regret ever buying this game. I played it for a couple hours after release, the movement and gunplay is bulky, even though its supposed to be a streamlined parkour based game, well its not, at least from my perspective.

The character customization is a joke, rainbow 6: vegas2 had a much better system and it wasn't even a selling point for them.

I liked the art style at the beginning, but as i played it, it got increasingly annoying to look at and the character models are too over the top and again, bulky looking.

Just my opinion though. There were a couple times when i was playing that the gameplay got intense and a little fun even, but those moments were so few and far between, and when they did happen, it was only for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Its not broken, its getting better with every update...about time, because the majority of players have left the game, after the messy release.

Tomorrow, the 1st DLC will be released (PC), and it's free for 2 weeks, if you already own the game.
It will bring 2 new maps (bringing the total nr of maps to 10), new abilities, 4 more rank-levels (up to 24, instead of 20), weapon tweaks, and balancing bits.
For the PS3 and X360, it already seems to be out, according to the forums.

Hopefully, the DLC will make customers return to the game....and get some fresh players in.
I'm still having a blast with it, allthough it's not a game that I play hours after hours on end...more like 1hr each day, to get my dose of S.M.A.R.T.-gameplay, which I totally love.

Upvote 0