• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Brink

There's nothing wrong with the HUD. It shows you exactly what you need to know without being overloaded with information that nobody cares about. You have your countdown timer, ammo, special abilities, cooldown, objectives that you are involved in are clearly highlighted.

There's really just nothing wrong with it or "bad" as Explosion would like to believe there is.

Agreed, that was obvious while watching the stream, I believe.
ou wants reviews...:p...

[url]http://www.facebook.com/notes/brink/first-wave-of-great-brink-reviews-spawned/10150172376499412[/URL]

Upvote 0
So basically what I've read and heard, this game on PC is great and worth it.

On console it sucks.

Yeah after yesterday's hate train, now the reviews from PC players are creeping up and plenty people love it. So now I'm swayed back towards a purchase. This is why we need demos, or at least holding off on fully formed opinions until a few days after release.

Here's the best 2 reviews I've seen yet:

YouTube - Brink Review - Justin Fassino

YouTube - Brink Gameplay Review (Multiplayer) - Worth Buying? Classes and Setups

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah after yesterday's hate train, now the reviews from PC players are creeping up and plenty people love it. So now I'm swayed back towards a purchase. This is why we need demos, or at least holding off on fully formed opinions until a few days after release.

Here's the best 2 reviews I've seen yet (both PC):

YouTube - Brink Review - Justin Fassino

YouTube - Brink Gameplay Review (Multiplayer) - Worth Buying? Classes and Setups

Decent reviews but both of those are console versions of the game.

Upvote 0
Are you not running both at 1080p?
From what it looks like, it looks as though 720p is what the consoles version run at. I COULD BE WRONG, but the way it looks, that's what it seems like.

I run both on a 23" 1080 monitor but it could still upscale the 720p on the console to match my monitor. I don't know but the jaggies and added blurriness and texture resolution don't help that matter any.

REGARDLESS, that has nothing to do with the UI differences really. I'll take a shot of the PC UI to show you and I'm sure you can find a console screen to compare it to.

E80BDF5E978613088FE8B0285358144198089332

The layout is a bit flatter, especially in the bottom left. The abilities have a visible cooldown overlay that fills the meter back up over time, something that's a bit less noticeable/absent from the 360 version.

Upvote 0
Ah right. I think the two main differences in terms of layout are: The bar (PC) rather than the circular layout (consoles) in the bottom left, and the fact that the UI seems to be further in to the centre on the consoles than on the PC - still accounting for overscan maybe? I think that's what causes it to look way more cluttered than the PC HUD.

Probably shouldn't hotlink images, but anyway, here's a comparison:

http://www.pcgames.de/Brink-PC-2320...fikvergleich-824148/galerie/1517602/?fullsizehttp://www.pcgames.de/Brink-PC-2320...fikvergleich-824148/galerie/1517602/?fullsize

Upvote 0
Yeah don't think I read or heard anywhere a good comment about the SP, but I am not sure that it was the focus of the game anyway. Unless of course they had marketed the SP as a whole new experience added to the game, but I can't remember such thing (hadn't been following the game news apart from this thread). I had from the start thought that this would be a MP game with just a bit of story throwing in in the form of "The world/ark is in great danger, now fight".

Anyway, wouldn't like people to focus so much on the SP of HoS when it comes out just because there isn't a "proper" campaign in the standards of COD, full of drama and pewpew explosions.

Upvote 0
Yeah don't think I read or heard anywhere a good comment about the SP, but I am not sure that it was the focus of the game anyway.

From what i've been reading, it seems it definately wasen't.

I was just hoping the SP would be good, because i tend to enjoy more arcady shooters the most in SP mode (if they are any good in SP, that is), and tend to grow bored of their MP very quickly.

The reverse is true of more realistic titles, where i tend to have a lot more fun with the MP, and where AI, nomatter how good, just seems much more limiting than it does in arcady ones.

A lot of it has to do with the communities that usually spring up around thease different types of games, but it also has to do with the basics of their gameplay, i just function that way, and looking at Brink, i felt it looked like it could produce a really nice SP, and i was hoping for one.

Eh, c'est la vie..

Upvote 0
Dropped in the letter box at 11 am.

SP is a learning program as far as I can tell + it unlocks XPs & stuff.

I've got green rasta hair, which is kinda nice :D.

Everything maxed and it seems to run very well.

You get XPs for watching the first training vid.
Made for Console players, although PC gamers might like it.

Or words to that effect...:)

Haven't really played it yet (about 20 mins) but I like it already.

Gonna have a better look tonight.

Upvote 0
Ok. The server browser and on-line play is ugly & laggy as it can be !
Everybody who was playing with me had the same problem.

The game has been updated.

Off-line it runs very well but I'm getting pawned by the bots :eek:, again !!!

Smart thing is OK.
It activates, not only with the smart/sprint key but also with the jump & crouch keys.
You can set up your controls as you wish.
Mapped my G5 logimousething without any problems.

Its fast paced, its very fast paced...
Lean left & right I would like to toggle, IS & crouch are already.

As for the game play **** knows...

But I think a tight group is necessary to get any sense out of it.

Cheap review I know, lets wait for the dust to settle.

Its interesting enough.

Thanks...☻...:IS2:...☻...

Upvote 0
I can't speak for pre-patch Brink, but post-patch is awesome.

I was having doubts about the number of players, but i realise in my 20/20 hindsight that it was silly to worry.

I loved the Hockler when i first got it, and later when i started using the Kross SMG i found that to be pretty good. The AR15 is a favourite of mine for all-round usage.

The Greeneye scope was an immediate step up from the irons, and it still holds its own again the EoTech, AGOC and reflex scope in its suitable range.

I'm just nowhere near good enough to use either of the sniper rifles with either of the AGOC or sniper scopes.

Overall i give it a:

Wa better than CoD/10

Upvote 0