• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Brink

Admittedly it looks much much better on the PC (no surprise here) and I am confused as to why the GT reviewer focused so much on the single player and the bots...
Here's why. Pre-release copies are rather few and far between, even with as many reviewers out there, it still pales in comparison to how many will be playing online when it actually goes retail.

I also had to avoid the MP because there were just so few people on prior to release, and those that were on weren't really near by and thus made for a rather laggy experience. They also only released Xbox 360 copies ahead of time and not PC (and certainly no PS3 copies), so dedicated servers were out of the question.

Upvote 0
I could, but what's the point? People are predetermined to hate a game, so be it.

Keep us informed Zips.

Admittedly I thought this game looked like a crock of **** from the pre-release videos, that and the fact I have only seen 360 footage.

Just had a look at the stream from the PC version of the game and I am intrigued. If it gets the right support it might just work, looks like their is enough substance there already - just needs the backing of the community.

Upvote 0
I've been reading about people's opinions throughout the day across the webs. The general consensus is that it's very bugged, the "feel" is all wrong, the mp is laggy, ATI users have poor performance, the sound is dim (fixed with a DX11 patch but still kind of weak even with a fix), the time it takes to max out your levels is a few days, the maps don't take advantage of the SMART movement system, the AI is stupid, the sp is nonexistant (essentially mp with bots), and there is lots of texture pop in. On the plus side, there is lots of potential with ideas they have and the visuals are good (albeit currently buggy).

I would like to think there is some hope saving this game but honestly, the amount of complaints arising that all back each other up is quite substantial. I really don't see how that much criticism could be unfounded.

Upvote 0
I could, but what's the point? People are predetermined to hate a game, so be it.

I seriously doubt there's some kind of Brink prejudice going on here, people are just beeing very cautious, because we get burned far to often by games thease days, so people don't want to get hyped.

Personally i think the game sounds interesting, but i want to see a lot more reviews and gameplay vids from sources i trust, of the PC version (because that's what i'd be getting), before i considder buying it.
The same would be true of just about every game i buy thease days.

Upvote 0
I've been reading about people's opinions throughout the day across the webs. The general consensus is that it's very bugged, the "feel" is all wrong, the mp is laggy, ATI users have poor performance, the sound is dim (fixed with a DX11 patch but still kind of weak even with a fix), the time it takes to max out your levels is a few days, the maps don't take advantage of the SMART movement system, the AI is stupid, the sp is nonexistant (essentially mp with bots), and there is lots of texture pop in. On the plus side, there is lots of potential with ideas they have and the visuals are good (albeit currently buggy).

I would like to think there is some hope saving this game but honestly, the amount of complaints arising that all back each other up is quite substantial. I really don't see how that much criticism could be unfounded.

I'm one with the ATI problems, but i havent been blessed with the sound bugs :p.

The gameplay is good, but there is an incredible amount of people who doesnt have a clue and just wander around. About the leveling, there are people who maxed lvls in 2 hours or something, just doing all the challenges and playing a bit.

The SMART System works: you see something you can climb, you go there and voila, it is really easy to navigate through maps using this system. If you face a head high ledge and press the SMART button, your character will do a little jump and climb that ledge.

BUT, these bugs man... they are simply pure rage inducing. Im getting a griding bug that coupled with underwhelming performance make the game AWFUL.

Basically, wait till they correct the bugs.

And for the ones calling: "NO FEMALES WTF!". Well, RO2 probably wont have, KF doesnt too. I dont understand all this fixation for female models.

Upvote 0
And for the ones calling: "NO FEMALES WTF!". Well, RO2 probably wont have, KF doesnt too. I dont understand all this fixation for female models.

Well, in a game where the customisability of your character is one of the main selling points, it's a valid point to bring up i'd say.

Reactions: u-s-e-r and Fedorov
Upvote 0
The SMART System works: you see something you can climb, you go there and voila, it is really easy to navigate through maps using this system. If you face a head high ledge and press the SMART button, your character will do a little jump and climb that ledge.

IIRC in the gametrailers review was said that the SMART system doesnt really work and theres a lot of places you would think you could get onto but you cant etc.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I've heard that it's really buggy...

That's what I wrote in reaction to the earlier release of the game.
I'd lol if BRINK would have problems with bugs. ;)

It's quite a shame actually, and I'm astonished that they went ahead and released the game early despite having more time to work on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with the HUD. It shows you exactly what you need to know without being overloaded with information that nobody cares about. You have your countdown timer, ammo, special abilities, cooldown, objectives that you are involved in are clearly highlighted.

There's really just nothing wrong with it or "bad" as Explosion would like to believe there is.

Upvote 0