• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Brink

Yeah, but its so sad :( I'm a PC player and I dont care about xbox so I really cant know anything about the game because all the videos are from a different platform.

Probably the PC version will be a horrible console port with a horrible price tag, otherwise the game could have been pretty interesting. :(

Way to jump the friggin gun

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Yeah, but its so sad :( I'm a PC player and I dont care about xbox so I really cant know anything about the game because all the videos are from a different platform.

Probably the PC version will be a horrible console port with a horrible price tag, otherwise the game could have been pretty interesting. :(

This is definitely a console game, although I did hear there will be dedicated servers on PC.

I will be surprised if anyone is playing this in six months time on the PC.

Might be a good stop gap while the more acclaimed shooters arrive at the end of the year.

Upvote 0
lol, wow guys...just wow. This PC master race **** is for real, I guess.

Your taking it way close to heart.

The consoles are the lead platforms for this one. That is just the way it is, not trying to be elitist here. Nor does wanting to play games written for my chosen platform make me an elitist but that's another point entirely that I was not trying to make. Also this is a forum that is dedicated to a PC exclusive game, so expect some bias towards this platform.

IN MY OPINION don't see it lasting on-line for long on the PC, nor do I expect it to have a cult following like Quake Wars did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was more interested in the game when I didn't know about the "metagame". I thought it was going to be a little like a multiplayer Mirror's Edge. Or to be more precise like Urban Terror except the advanced movement wouldn't be hard to pull off.
All this leveling up and unlocking is something I really don't care about in a shooter. Particularly in a multiplayer one. I don't even care if what you unlock is purely cosmetic, optional or advantageous.
Enemy Territory with it's unlocks per round (i.e. every round you started from scratch, but then you could unlock a couple of items during the course of the match) was pretty cool, but from I've experienced in shooters in the past years, that's as far as I want it to go.

Naturally. Essentially everything a console can do, a PC can do better (and extras, of course). :rolleyes:
woooosh

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
Crazy. I just came from a forum where people were discussing Borderlands OT, and the moderator told them to knock it off. I come here and find people talking about Borderlands on topic, and a moderator is telling them to knock some other **** off. It's like 5 Degrees to Kevin Bacon on the Internet. I'll just cool story bro myself now.

On topic: I was kinda curious about this game until I read:

Sounds like a mix of Borderlands and Team Fortress 2.

Now I could care less.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why so many people are so negative about this game. Splash Damage so far have shown that they (and those very same people are still there) know what is important for a multiplayer FPS.
Dedicated servers are announced to be shipped before the game itself. The binaries themselves and not some stuff where they have a deal with server providers. Spectators are in and there is also already www.thebrink.tv . This is way more than I got from any recent FPS.
The game itself looks also like it could be fun and i loved Enemy Territory.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why so many people are so negative about this game. Splash Damage so far have shown that they (and those very same people are still there) know what is important for a multiplayer FPS.
Dedicated servers are announced to be shipped before the game itself. The binaries themselves and not some stuff where they have a deal with server providers. Spectators are in and there is also already [url]www.thebrink.tv[/URL] . This is way more than I got from any recent FPS.
The game itself looks also like it could be fun and i loved Enemy Territory.

Well, whoopdy-do, Basil.
50261_224448439864_3448955_n.jpg

Other than "life saving" dedicated servers and spectating, what else do you have to share?

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Something is holding me back from pre-ordering, I'm not sure what.

Splash Damage have only done good stuff IMHO.

It's a mainstream FPS, with some features in common with Cowadooty?

I'd recommend you just go for it, i pre-ordered it, and it looks good.

Just remember, it's not Cowadooty #8 but a whole different game. I believe that it will be good.

Upvote 0