[Game] Brink

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
So they say you have trillions of combinations in the character creation, but you can't even make a female? What is this, the cucumber club?

Reactions: avp2501 and LemoN

pii_smith

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Well, whoopdy-do, Basil.
50261_224448439864_3448955_n.jpg

Other than "life saving" dedicated servers and spectating, what else do you have to share?

Have you tried any other Splash Damage game? I recommend Enemy Territory as it's free.
RTCW was one the single best multi player experience and ET provided me with the most fun I ever had in a free game.
Sure Splash Damage have gone more mainstream since their days modding RTCW, but still it's one of the developers I have the most faith in.

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
I think Marin was pointing to the fact that things like "dedicated servers" should not be cause for celebration, it should be a bloody standard in a PC game.

We should save our jubilation for when developers go a step beyond, not for when they can be bothered to provide the bare essentials that should allways be there.

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
I was interested in brink until I saw the "infiltration" class was in it, that pissed me off in ETQW and I'm sure it will piss me off now.

And yeah why the lack of females.....seems dated not to have them these days.

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
Me too, man. First I could of burst into treats but then I took it for granite and realised games like that are a diamond dozen.

I see what you did that, and I approve whole heartedly of your efforts.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-brink/17-4101/[url]http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-brink/17-4101/[/URL]

:confused:

Though I suppose we've not seen a PC review yet, and shouldn't until the dedicated servers are up and people are playing. Zips could always pop in and give us his opinion.
I could, but what's the point? People are predetermined to hate a game, so be it.

Monkfish Esq.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 27, 2010
Gee I'd sure like to be playing video games right now..oh wait. Retailers still insist on having games released on a certain day to try and keep hold of their shrinking market share.

Way to encourage piracy you dicks.

doomis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
Admittedly it looks much much better on the PC (no surprise here) and I am confused as to why the GT reviewer focused so much on the single player and the bots...

But anyway, it still isn't the best game for me I guess, too much spammy shooting and what I have seen so far doesn't look like that much of teamwork, more like some random objectives spread in the maps. But I guess it might be the players that are not used to the game yet, we will see.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
The Stream has closed for the moment.
Last time I checked he had been playing for 22 hours ! / or not.

Looks good.

Morello

Administrator
Mar 17, 2006
It does look a different beast on the PC from the looks of that stream. Looks like fun. 51, he was filming for 13 hours not 22, thanks for the link. If it is at all mod-able then it could be interesting to see what people can wring out of it.