• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bringing some secondary weapons, both new and old to the table and some other mini suggestions

Paulter

Oct 30, 2020
Recently I've been staring at the trader menu excessively and thought to myself, "why can't we have more secondary weapons that can be used for the perks?". So I came up with this (oh and the martial artist's arsenal post is currently on hold, so expect it coming out really late :( )
The first one on the list would be:
1) Bringing the desert eagle (single)to Commando

I mean, it feels fitting for them to get a desert eagle, right?
-I feel that it would be an interesting addition for the commando, popping the heads of mediums with a single shot during zed time when some primaries can't
-Aside from that, players can also slot in a deagle at late game loadouts
for example:Tier 5 Scar,stock deagle, that leaves 6 weight slots available for another primary weapon

2)Bringing desert eagle to the sharpshooter
-Just a simple alternative to the magnums for sharpshooter,nothing much

New secondary weapon suggestions
------------------------------------
USP-S (1 weight)
A lightweight and a highly accurate semi automatic(Available for all perks)

1605540890546.png
Flavor text:"A pistol so quiet that even zeds don't realize that their head's full of holes!"
Price:250
Mag size: 20
Ammo in reserve: 280
Damage:15
Fire rate:300
Pentration: 0
Refill price: 10
Base tier: 1
Firing mode: Semi auto
"Special abilty": All your shots with this weapon will never enrage enemies

"What's the point of this gun?" You might ask, well I find that our current 9mm is not really enough when it comes to ammo reserve, so why not pair it up with a 1 weight secondary?

"But the medic pistol is infinitely better because of its darts!" Well yes, medic pistol does provide its uses by essentially only spending 1 weight slot in your inventory to heal, but you see, it doesn't really get perk bonuses from anyone aside from medic,gunslingers and survivalist so you would just be desperately trying to damage stuff while retreating when you run out of ammo for your main guns. And there are also times where your field medics are performing good enough and tops everyone to full health, making you rarely pull your 101 for heals

The upsides of using the USP are these:
1)Its quick switch time allows you to quickly dispatch trash/use it as a panic button when your main guns runs dry
2)Dealing damage with this gun does not rage enemies, meaning that sharpshooters and gunslingers can safely stack their rack em up before finishing a takedown with their big guns
3)Cheap cost and refill price while having a really high reserve, which means that it could possibly be a viable pick for trash cleaners early game and possibly mid game
4)Benefits from all perks
5)Upgrades does not increase weapon's weight

Tec 9 (2 weight)
A fast firing automatic pistol exclusive for the Swat
1605544066760.png

Flavor text:"Haha funny pistol goes brrrrt...aand I ran out of bullets to joke about"
Price: ~350
Mag size:20
Ammo in reserve: 200
Damage:18
Firerate: 1200
Penetration: 0
Refill price: 25
Base tier: 2
Firing mode: Semi auto/Full auto
"Ability": The first 2 upgrades does not affect its weight

A simple secondary for the swat, a fast firing weapon like majority of the perk weapons, nothing much. Fire rate is somewhat comparable with the Kriss, though it's has the second lowest damage of weapons for the swat, with MP7 being the lowest.

This is the first Swat weapon that sports high recoil in full auto and with the fastest reload speed, meaning that after your mini bullethose, you can get your second hose ready

"But what's the point when I have better primary SMGs than this weapon?"
Well, it can be paired with a lot of weapons due to its really low weight, meaning that you can freely upgrade your two smgs while having a "third" one as the tec 9. (Some people expect Swats to have at least 3 SMGs)

That means you can have a maxed Riot shield+Medic smg and a tec 9, or anything really, to diversify loadouts!
-------------------------------------------
Mini suggestion

I would love to see inventory management in KF2, where you can drag and drop weapons around (section locked), so that players wont need to rapidly press their keys frantically while changing primaries during takedowns

Like for example, I would like the AA 12 to show up as my first weapon, with Doomstick followed behind it, or hx25 being in front of the 101

What do you guys think?
Would the suggestions make the "meta even more diverse"?
Feedback is welcome!

Last edited:
I'll be using this thread as some sort of "mini" idea dump that does'nt require extra threads to post
Secondary weapons

Draco gun (3 weight)
A miniature assault rifle secondary for the commando
1606043591483.png
Flavor text: "Sometimes fun can come in many small packages"
Price: 750
Mag size:25
Ammo in reserve: 225
Damage:25
Firerate:550 rpm
Penetration: 0
Refill price:30
Base tier :2
Firing mode:Full Auto/Semi Auto
Base tier (currently undecided)
An alternative secondary weapon for minigun commandos, nothing much to say here

Serbu super shorty, a pump action shotgun for the support
(3 weight)
1606045672515.png
Flavor text: "The young yet capable brother of the shotgun family, also equipped with flechette rounds to pack a penetrative punch!"
"Mag size": 3
Ammo in reserve: 96
Damage: 120
Firerate:100 rpm
Penetration: 4
Refill price: 35
Firing mode: Single shell
Base tier: 3
Pellet count: 12
(10 dmg per pellet)

An alternative secondary to the HRG Buckshot, though its slightly heavier while holding less shells, it has the highest penetration value of all shotguns, being on par with Doomstick at 4 penetration value

This weapon also sports a natural fast reload speed, which would still be a solid choice for offperk weapons
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanic suggestion

After watching some Kf2 gameplay in the past and comparing to newer kf2 videos, I see something changed for the dual 9mms, which is the reload cancel. In the past, all you need is to slot in 1 magazine and you have a fresh new clip. Right now we need to complete the second magazine to get all 30 bullets, so why not have this idea instead?

-After slotting the first mag into the pair of 9mms, we get half of the clips
Meaning that the moment we put in the first pistol clip and reload cancel, we have 15/30 shots loaded into 9mm pair?

Upvote 0