• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

bring back the ostfront voices

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
spamming "v-2-2" aka nein or nikatyet, was an integral part of the ostfront experience for both me and my clanmates(and im sure for others as well). we would greatly appreciate it if, somehow, you could replace the german and russian voices for some of the commands (such as yes, no, heavy tank, sniper, retreat, and satchel) with the voices from the old game.

yours truly
:IS2:

spamming "v-2-2" aka nein or nikatyet, was an integral part of the ostfront experience for both me and my clanmates(and im sure for others as well). we would greatly appreciate it if, somehow, you could replace the german and russian voices for some of the commands (such as yes, no, heavy tank, sniper, retreat, and satchel) with the voices from the old game.

yours truly
:IS2:

That'd be a bit odd when your character speaks with one voice and then suddenly with a different voice with a different sound quality..... also there are many new words being spoken in RO2 that don't exist in the Ostfront vocabulary.

Though I think someone made a mutator for RO2 using the old voices from Ostfront, but they too notified that the voice commands/communication that don't exist in Ostfront end up being blank in RO2 if you use it.

Upvote 0
Yes, the radial menu is ok for immediate things, but it lacks options and is wonky if you have to go around the outer level and not screw it up. I did prefer the ROOST method. After a week or so you had everything memorized.

I love spamming "Taunt" however :D

I should be more clear. I prefer the (native) voices from ROHOS, but I like the voice menu from ROOST better.

Upvote 0
Enemy submarines spotted on Bocage...

With the "Native Voices" option in the GOTY edition, the game sounds multitudes better than it did with the English audio. Even putting aside the principle of having Germans and Russians speak their native tongue, the battle chatter just sounds more earnest, the wounded cries are more desperate, the taunts are more vulgar and hateful... it's just a better experience from top to bottom.

There's nothing like taking an MP40 to the gut and hearing: "STIRB, IWAN, STIRB!" right in my ear, while my camera drops to the ground and pans to the ceiling and then a strained and raspy: "Mama... okh pomogite! M-mama, pozhaluysta...!"

They're even better than the Ostfront audio.

Upvote 0