• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bring back the chicken suit for Thanksgiving

Why Thanksgiving Event?
I may not reach the historical knowledge levels of the typical Red Orchestra player (wich is a hell of a lot when you find people ranting over a slightly off-colored bolt in an SVT-40) but I've been around and I know a thing or 2.
Isn't Thanksgiving an US holiday, where it is honored the feast the first British colonizers had with the Natives?

I seriously doubt any British person in the UK celebrates Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mentioned Thanksgiving since it is the next major US Holiday and it has NOT passed yet, Nov 24-25. It is also before Christmas so people can try to get the chicken suit again if they missed out.

I would assume there are a lot of players also based in North America, not just UK, but picked a major holiday that many people know about to promote the event. If there is a major British holiday coming up that a lot of people know about worldwide, I'm all for it.

Also, a week to get it all is not enough if some people like me have only leveled up to 3 a week ago and now level 4 but only in Commando and SS.

Lastly, I and many have helped each other to get all the achievements EXCEPT for beating it on Long n Hard. So we some more time to sort out strategies or find mates who are good team players that don't rage quit after losing a game on the 10th round.

I can tell you in all the games I've played, high level or new players, we all tried to help each other get past this last achievement, and it was good to see a LOT of fresh players who wanted to learn KF with some experienced players. Its too bad they can't level up fast enough to continue even though we all tried.

Sure we have to start over and work it, but at least give us more time to achieve it.

The last summer event was much longer than 1 week and so was the xmas one.

It is simple request we wish TWI would consider that many new and non-level 6 players have talked about in all of my games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still dont understand what was so hard in this event? So many people crying...
it's dead easy. took me maybe 1 hour for everything. using faked players mutator helped alot. just use the mutator on beginning and set to 10 players. use zerker for first wave then firebug next then support next.

btw set it to short game. so scrakes come on round 3.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
I mentioned Thanksgiving since it is the next major US Holiday and it has NOT passed yet, Nov 24-25. It is also before Christmas so people can try to get the chicken suit again if they missed out.

I would assume there are a lot of players also based in North America, not just UK, but picked a major holiday that many people know about to promote the event. If there is a major British holiday coming up that a lot of people know about worldwide, I'm all for it.

Also, a week to get it all is not enough if some people like me have only leveled up to 3 a week ago and now level 4 but only in Commando and SS.

Lastly, I and many have helped each other to get all the achievements EXCEPT for beating it on Long n Hard. So we some more time to sort out strategies or find mates who are good team players that don't rage quit after losing a game on the 10th round.

I can tell you in all the games I've played, high level or new players, we all tried to help each other get past this last achievement, and it was good to see a LOT of fresh players who wanted to learn KF with some experienced players. Its too bad they can't level up fast enough to continue even though we all tried.

Sure we have to start over and work it, but at least give us more time to achieve it.

The last summer event was much longer than 1 week and so was the xmas one.

It is simple request we wish TWI would consider that many new and non-level 6 players have talked about in all of my games.

I've been waiting almost a year to get the X-Mas achievements that I didn't complete. Maybe you yourself should just wait until next Halloween and not ask Tripwire to make you your very own personal event. Also, if you're going to ask for your own event, atleast make it for something other than a Holiday only your own country will be celebrating.

You've been playing since atleast August and said you have lvl 4 perks. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to beat Bedlam in a few tries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's dead easy. took me maybe 1 hour for everything. using faked players mutator helped alot. just use the mutator on beginning and set to 10 players. use zerker for first wave then firebug next then support next.

btw set it to short game. so scrakes come on round 3.
I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but doesn't using more than 5 faked players push the total player count above 6, thereby disabling Perk leveling and achievement earning?

Upvote 0