• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Brief 3d diversion

tankman24 said:
wow m8t awsome, I hope this will be in one of the upcoming updates i love the KV2 :D:D

when/if I finish, it won't be anything 'offical'.. I believe the KV2 saw really limited service.. plus there is no way in heck I'm going to model the interior of that sucker.. :p

Once I get the time to finish up the modeled details, I'll probably pass it to someone with better Maya exp (cough.. you..) to have a look at it and offer suggestions..

One thing I do want to do is add on the rear-MG to it. I think it'd be fun :]

Upvote 0
1. It not the tank, is a self-propelled gun.
2. Them it has been made only 334. Practically all of them have been lost in 1941. Some mashine later have been altered in usual KV.
At KV in the beginning of war there were big problems with a gear-box . For KV-2 it was aggravated with greater weight and heavy recoil .
For KV-2 was only HE! Other shells simply had not time to develop. KV-2 could fire on the move and turn a tower. But only if was on an equal surface, or under a small inclination, in other cases it worked as the self-propelled gun with motionless cabin.
3. The idea has arisen on results of winter war when became clearly that tanks not can struggle with strengthened fire points.
Tactical niche for this : they should move in the second echelon after tanks, destroy fire points direct fire, destroy artillery the opponent and infantry of the opponent. In defense they should fire from the closed positions as usual howitzers.
It has not been intended for struggle against tanks.
4.The majority of them has been lost because of breakages or thrown because of lack of fuel.
It has liked Germans.:D Any amount has been used. But long to support main their worker a condition it was not possible because of problems with transmission.:D
The majority of photos which can be found in the Internet, these are trophy German KV-2. KV-2 Germans used last at defense of Kenigsberg , it there was a machine from proving ground.
5.The best that with them could be made it in the beginning of war to load on rail-road platforms and to send for Urals Mountains. There to remove problems, to train crews. Then at 42-43 to roll out, then they were really necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bezukhov said:
if its not a Tank then why is it classified as a Heavy Tank

also one thing about the KV-2 is that you had to fire it on flat ground becuase of the turret's Weight if you fired it on a slope it would simply most likely flip do the weight and recoil

First it have made. Then began to think.
During this moment in red army of the term a self-propelled gun still was not.

It has been made very quickly, all for two months, changes has been brought very little, the mechanism of turn of a tower simply did not have effort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah.. when/if I do finish up the KV-2 turret, and stick it in a map, it won't be for the purposes of tank-to-tank field battles like already in RO.

Trust me.. I've studied up alittle bit on the KV-2.. I am well aware it's an unpractical behemoth and it's limited deployment :]

Putting it in game would be mostly an academic exercise for me.. it wouldn't be an offical TWI release or anything :]

Upvote 0
Not to be outdone by Dingbat (my secret arch-enemy! so secret not even he knows it :p ).. ok just kidding.. he's actually worked through alot more 3d stuff then I have, I'm a 'bodge it because I need it' kinda guy..

Anyhow..

Started playing with the Texture (just mapping it out really), and boning

Most recent work inside Ye-Olde-3d app:

Note my w3@K UV skillz.. :(

.. .and cooked up some working code (but not to well.. the shell fires 5 ft.. lol..):

Next to a KV1s for comparison purposes..

Just using placeholder sights and no animations now.. so it doesn't work all that well.. plus the model doesn't have any interior..

Upvote 0
dude thats awsome Looking like ill be seeign this in game soon YAY! i had a question drax, I made an ISU-152 Now im almost done with the unwrap so someone can jump on it for the skin. i will model interios for it, a lil later dough but i was wondering Can u maybe give some coding help to get it into game i mean not now when we have more free time from BS ? just thought id ask you ight drax Godd work so far Keep it up . . :D

Upvote 0