• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Bridges_of_to_much_and_everywhere

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
Hello comrades, hello TWI guys...

....well, we all know Bridges of Druzhina.
Personally I think its a great piece of map and it was always fun to play.
Til now!
I should have make a screen shot from 10 minutes ago....unbelievable in the server choosing bar :eek:. About 7 from the 10 fullest servers played it...

And I must complain about it - its everywhere, near all full servers play it.
Sometimes at campaign servers people try to take it in a line.

It reminds me on Danzig/Arad behaving in the last common days of RO1.

There are some pretty maps out and it seems only a hand full of servers try out some newer maps.

TWI - please bring some modded maps into the stock maps of the game.

Iwo Jima in Rising Storm is basically the same deal. People vote to play it over and over and over again, while gorgeous maps like Betio are not played that often. Meanwhile I see nice maps on the Crucible server and the server is empty, I don't get it. My best bet is to play on a server with a map rotation and no voting system.

Upvote 0
Iwo Jima in Rising Storm is basically the same deal. People vote to play it over and over and over again, while gorgeous maps like Betio are not played that often. Meanwhile I see nice maps on the Crucible server and the server is empty, I don't get it. My best bet is to play on a server with a map rotation and no voting system.

Indeed. In almost every vote server for RO2 and RS respectively you can be sure Bridges and Iwo Jima is voted in as every other map.

I used to enjoy bridges, but it is simply too overplayed, and that even as a long map. I can still accept Iwo Jima, but only because I always join the weaker team, usually japs, and that helps keep up the feeling of a challenge that this map can be.

Upvote 0
I may be in the minority here, but I would prefer at least a few other long maps like bridges, especially on Rising Storm. I find the Rising Storm maps too few and too short! I also wish the map designs were a little better. For example: the mounted MGs on RO2 are all in well placed enfilading positions. On Rising Storm they are always placed directly at the enemy so you will always get your head shot off if you start to use one! Because of that, no one ever really uses them and it's sad.

Upvote 0
I think its time to use all those custom maps consistently, at least in the near future. Just on rising storm, we have Subbase, WakeIsland, Kobura, Kita Jima, Tarawa, etc. I also never saw the nightime version of stock maps I once saw on the workshop, which seemed actually pretty cool ! ( Iwo at night looked nice )

Upvote 0
Thats democracy. Players want bridges so they get bridges.
I like it by FAR the most in HoS. At least for public play. For wars its pretty much unusable.
The thing with bridges is that it really is made for 64 players. Most other maps just are not. Appartment is much better with less players for example and lets not talk about the mess grain elevator becomes with 64 players.
Bridges on the other hand is really big enough to be fun with a lot of players and it never feels crowded. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe its rather the fact that its the only huge long map though :D

Upvote 0
Yes Cat, that is a good solution, I like the way that works. Or map rotation, I like that too.

What would be awesome is if the DynamicMapRotator worked when a server was set to map voting. That way if a server had 25 players at the end of a round only maps rated for 25 players in the mutator would be displayed for player voting.

That would be awesome. The DynamicMapRotator is a great mutator and really improved the server when it was using a set rotation but my player group likes map voting.

Upvote 0
I may be in the minority here, but I would prefer at least a few other long maps like bridges, especially on Rising Storm. I find the Rising Storm maps too few and too short! I also wish the map designs were a little better. For example: the mounted MGs on RO2 are all in well placed enfilading positions. On Rising Storm they are always placed directly at the enemy so you will always get your head shot off if you start to use one! Because of that, no one ever really uses them and it's sad.

Nothing wrong with longer maps. In fact they are usually preferable, but since this one is almost the olny one, and has thus been in constant rotation, the fun has simply worn off it for me.

I really enjoy Univermag sometimes popping up on the 40-1 server again. Its a great map, and Myshkova river, which was great back in DH and still is. But sadly they rarely gets chosen, and most of the time it is still just Bridges all over again.

Upvote 0
Whats wrong with Mamayev btw?
Lets not start the discussion.^^ From what I heard people dislike it for beeing unbalanced. It seems most players hate atacking there and atackers rarely win.
Rarely is the fight coming to E.
I like mamayev though. Very interesting fighting which puts smgs at a huge disadvantage if he riflemen do their job but also allow the smgs to shine as soon as you reach the enemies. Its exactly how its supposed to be.
Bridges is kind of that way too. SMGs are pretty useless the first few points and then start to dominate in the city.

Upvote 0