Bridge Level

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Ron

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 9, 2006
Okay i've a question for all you mappers put there is there any one planning to make a bridge level like the one in americas army, not exactly the same obviously but one like it maybe there was a bridge that was fought over a historical stand point that might fit the bill. I know not very original but that level was so darn good in AA it was partically the only level i played in AA. If not who knows i might have a go at making one in a couple of weeks.

Big Lebowski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
there was a level for Red Orchestra the mod called ambush that was a battle on/around a bridge. dont know if anyone is gonna convert ones a sdk is out though

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
just have to bring this up again when someone is mentioning "porting" :)

http://aoc.maporchestra.com/

Please dont just port, make something original.
Ron is almost on the perfect way, he got an idea, though based on another map, but he doesnt simply want to port it.
Im sure some of the history buffs around here can help you finding a good setting.

If you need help with anything else, shout, scream, whistle or do some wierd dance ;)

UncleDrax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2005
Florida, USA
www.endoftheworldfor.us
Realistically, there were enough bridges to fight over that you can probably just pick anywhere and make a level of it. Poke around some places that keep photo-archives and I'm sure you can find a big enough bridge ;)

One thing you could do is make it during the opening days of the war. (I like earily war.. :] ).. there are several incidents I've heard about where the Soviets were trying to hastly destory/defend various crossing from the advancing Axis forces.

On a semi-related note, I believe "Britney Fenderline" (and a few others, but I'm drawing a blank?) suggested a Dam map.. similar to a bridge level, but not the same. I don't believe it was a 'work in progress' but rather a free-license idea to make a level of.

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
*cough*daskarma*cough*

the map was a wip and was pretty far considering the screens i have seen.

DeV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
Who knows, it might resurface for Ostfront :)
And like worluk said, if youre not a fan of porting but more of original content, check the link in my sig :)

dasKaRmA

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2005
I dont thinkthat I will finish the map in near future. So, if anyone wants to make a dam map, go ahead.
I might have still have some information/photos I gathered for the map, floating on my harddrive....

Maltodextrin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
There was that incident where a KV2 held back a Panzer division (I think it was a division) on a bridge during the opening days of Barbarossa, of course, you'd need a KV2 first.

UncleDrax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2005
Florida, USA
www.endoftheworldfor.us
Maltodextrin said:
There was that incident where a KV2 held back a Panzer division (I think it was a division) on a bridge during the opening days of Barbarossa, of course, you'd need a KV2 first.

You could probably use a KV1s vs Panzer IIIs without the special AP rounds to mimick that pretty well :]