• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Break Blocks Now Available!

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Hello Friends. The day has come! Break Blocks finally has a Playable Demo available! Plus, if you enjoy the game, you can buy an early(and cheap) copy of the game, which will also enable you to help steer the game towards its final version. This is your chance to be part of the development team and make an real impact on the final version of the game!

Here's our latest trailer to get you all excited or Watch It On YouTube:

YouTube - ‪Break Blocks Early Adopters Trailer‬‏

Yes I did, which was quite a surprise to myself as I'm pretty much an FPS only sorta guy.

I have adopted a very colorful tunnel vision while playing, so don't forget to put the standard video game warning somewhere.

I'm having a little trouble understanding, what seem to be quite simple game controls but I'm sure I'll work it out.

I'm referring to the rotating and throwing actions, BTW.

I've logged into the forums, yep thats me: Boneboys.

My top score is 0035111, on what I believe is the first level after the tutorial.

GGG :).

Upvote 0
Played a bit of the demo, really like the music, and gameplay is HARD man! Maybe a bit too hard for my lazy sunday afternoon brainz... and I have the attention span of a 12 year old today... :p

You know, I get such mixed results on that. Bobdog said the game was VERY easy, almost to the point of boredom...

Upvote 0
Just tried it and I must say that its looking very good, better than I expected, the musics great and the gameplay is fun and addicting. Its just a shame I'm pretty short on dough at the moment.

A few things to nitpick:

The options menu isnt really working (you probably know that anyway) and the introduction to the game didnt seem to be as intuitive as it could be, you really have to pay attention and the buying of new moves could be a little confusing to someone.

The buttons S and W to me are somehow hard to use since I'm having trouble moving my finger between those two.

The game wanted to contact the internet when buying new moves and I wonder what the FileDownload.executable is, I decided to try starting it and it started running on the background hogging 50% (1 core) of my CPU continuously until I killed it.

Also the game volume is pretty high, you could want to lower it a bit since it was at least for me, very, very loud, had to turn my volume way down.

Upvote 0
Just tried it and I must say that its looking very good, better than I expected, the musics great and the gameplay is fun and addicting. Its just a shame I'm pretty short on dough at the moment.

A few things to nitpick:

The options menu isnt really working (you probably know that anyway) and the introduction to the game didnt seem to be as intuitive as it could be, you really have to pay attention and the buying of new moves could be a little confusing to someone.

The buttons S and W to me are somehow hard to use since I'm having trouble moving my finger between those two.

The game wanted to contact the internet when buying new moves and I wonder what the FileDownload.executable is, I decided to try starting it and it started running on the background hogging 50% (1 core) of my CPU continuously until I killed it.

Also the game volume is pretty high, you could want to lower it a bit since it was at least for me, very, very loud, had to turn my volume way down.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it =)

The options menu is definitely incomplete. I'll continue looking into better ideas for the tutorials(they have already been improved multiple times). This is the first I've heard of anyone having trouble with the default key layout, but I'll keep my eyes/ears open for similar concerns.

The FileDownload executable is for the update system. I'm surprised that it would do anything other than just exit when run without a command line, but I'll look into that(probably a 5 second fix). As for volume, the Audio menu will have a Volume slider soon-ish, but I'll check the default volume.

Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Got 85k on my first try. Got a little surprised when "the game ended". I didn't really know the whole mechanic of "how to get most score", like if it is best to use SPACE often or more rarely. I guess I should have paid more attention to the tutorial, but I wouldn't had mind a bit more detail in how to get most score (like in tetris it is better to clear big chunks).

Upvote 0
Got 85k on my first try. Got a little surprised when "the game ended". I didn't really know the whole mechanic of "how to get most score", like if it is best to use SPACE often or more rarely. I guess I should have paid more attention to the tutorial, but I wouldn't had mind a bit more detail in how to get most score (like in tetris it is better to clear big chunks).

I understand and agree with you. The tutorial doesn't really cover that at present, but it should be pretty easy to throw a little note in there for players. I will add it to my list of potential changes.

Upvote 0