• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Boxed Version and Steamworks

popsUlfr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 18, 2010
Hello everyone!

I was following your project for some time now and also gave my impressions a while ago on the old forums. Anyway, if I have some time I will try to give my thoughts on the retail version aswell in the meantime I'm just going to say congrats for getting so far ;)

I'm looking forward to the final result and interested in getting the boxed copy of the game. So I had a look around "Iceberg Interactive" since I reside in Europe and see "Steamworks" listed as feature (source).
Does this mean the box, disc are just bogus and I will need to register a provided key in STEAM to play the game anyway? Or is that just optional?

I would like a DRM-Free version like the one offered on GamersGate and prefer not to have the game tied to the STEAM account.

Clarifications would be appreciated :)

Thank you Yoshiro.
So my best bet to get myself a DRM-Free copy is GamersGate, right? It's because of that pre-order bonus where you get the main character for Killing floor I guess... but you don't get that bonus with a GG purchase since it doesn't use STEAM.

And the boxed copy doesn't include some extra stuff, like making-of or music or art etc... , does it?

Same story for the North American boxed version (by Tripwire Interactive itself)?

Upvote 0