• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Bots - I know it's a little late in the game...

LiquidLlama

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 10, 2020
... but as a server operator who wants player filler/fodder, can MP bots be either added to the "official" release as a beta (or less) feature, or the source code released so some more enterprising coders out there can make it happen?

My friends and I love the concept of this game, and yeah, we came into it very late, but the difficulty of Insurgency, mixed with the Vietnam setting and the ability to fly helicopters is too good to leave alone.

I saw where the ability to add them to games was removed a while ago, but if I have to start a petition I will... ;)

It was never removed as it was never a part of the official commands. Players/admin can run bots in offline mode and the source code for those bots is in the SDK. They are not a fun experience to play with.

For the limited amount of time that we had them at epic release for the 3-4 days, they were a lot of fun and useful for server operators.

Upvote 0
It was never removed as it was never a part of the official commands. Players/admin can run bots in offline mode and the source code for those bots is in the SDK. They are not a fun experience to play with.
Yeah, after doing some experimenting with Hamachi and server settings, I was never able to get anyone else in my hosted bot game. I could join my own bot game, but I could never get anyone else connected to it. To be honest, I was disappointed, but I get it I guess.

Upvote 0
I know it is not a fun experience to play with them, but as a Server Owner who have to do the Kick of Playing of your Server I can assure you it is more fun to play with even the dummpest Bots than running alone arround a empty map and hope for sombody to come allong.

I just would like to have the option to put them in when nobody is there to play without be punnished with unranked status.

Upvote 0